LTD F-404 review by ESP

ESP: LTD F-404

Love this bass. It is very versitile, and can be adjusted to fit about any sound. I play metal. Dialed in, it can churn out the deepest, darkest, evil bass you could ever need. I run it through a Morley power wah (only when needed), Tech 21 Bass Compactor, and a MXR Bass D.I.+ into my Ampeg head, Ampeg 4x10, and Ampeg 1x15 stack. I love it. The EMG active equipment in this bass make it a tone machine. Can't say enough about this basses sound quality.

This is a great bass, my first ESP, and I am very happy with it. I may buy more ESPs in the future. If it were lost or stolen, I would be mega pissed, and try and find another, pronto. It is a very evil metal inspired bass, and it has some gothic gloom to it. This is by far my favourite bass, even better than my Squier P-Bass Special, or even my Ibanez SR500. All in all, this bass is the shizzle.

I have not had any problems with this bass. Everything seems to be good quality. I have not had to have the truss rod adjusted yet, which is saying a lot with the diverse weather around here. I would absolutley gig this without a backup, no question. Once, when I was playing a gig, my strap (old, frayed leather) snapped, the bass fell on the stage, and then slid off the stage. I was mortified. I thought fo' sho' it was totaled. But there was barely even a dent! This thing is a rock.

got this bass used, sort of. It had been previously owned, but for some reason the guy only had it a week or so. It was basically Brand New when I got it. He had it in a coffin case, which I changed out for the ESP F bass case. Anyway, it had no flaws. It was set up perfect from the guitar store I bought it from. I can't vouch for the ESP setup. The bass has zero fret buzz, and the action is smooth. Very easy to play. The EMG EQ is a solid three pot setup, and ESP has installed them perfectly. No noise, or rattles of any kind. I have yet to buy a Brand New top dollar, super high quality bass, but I believe this one was set up and just as nice as they come.

This bass has a neck-thru mahogany body, 5 piece maple/walnut neck, with 24XJ rosewood frets. It is black with smoked chrome hardware. It comes factory stock with active EMG 35DCs, and the EMG B64 active EQ. Grover tuners, and a killer tribal inlay round this bass out. Another cool feature of this bass is that it is a four string with a 35" scale. It comes with huge strings (for a 4 string) 130-110-90-70, tuned to b-e-a-d. I have since changed it up a bit, and tuned it to drop C. It absolutely chugs!

thehollywoodten
    I own this bass, It if FREAKIN SWEET. ESP is a great company. I own an ESP Guitar. Its not as nice as this bass. Its an F-50. But as I said before. I own this bass. it is absolutely amazing. also... why do you like your squier, cuz i have a squier and its HORRIBLE. but whatever man. Overall. this bass is amazing. Mine has two flaws though X_X! Mine came with a bit of paint missing on the corner of the leg rest thingy, and the inlays are not filled in like there supposed to be. They are like the inlays on the ESP F-400 guitar, but i like those. I plan on getting my basses missing finish put there by ESP on the lifetime warranty but still flippin sweet. Maybe they might even replace my bass. That would be NICE.
    mfkr511
    I own an ESP Guitar. Its not as nice as this bass. Its an F-50. of course its not as nice as this, u dont need a genius to tell u that
    corrda00
    I got a esp F-254 from steves and i love it. I didnt have the money for a 404 though.
    j0n r4ng
    I've owned this bass for almsot 2 years now, I am very pleased with it. I don't use the factory tuning of the b-e-a-d. Standard tuning sounds great on the longer scale body, it's very easy to play on. Whether you're pulling out at Jaco tune or a Rage tune, this is the bass to use in the price range.