Aerodyne Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Aerodyne Jazz Bass

I play in an alternative rock cover band and I've been able to aquire the perfect tone for every song we've covered. I'm currently playing it through a 600W Gallien-Kreuger stack (which I also highly recommend looking at). The tonal variety, as with most jazz basses is superb. I also love the low end of this thing, it almost growls at me through my amp during heavy songs. At the same time, I can get sweet, smooth sounds by turning the tone down a bit. The only thing I could really complain about is a slight lack of 'punch' from the bridge pickup. Still great sounding though.

I've been playing bass for around 4 years now and have tried several basses including a Fender Precision, Gibson SG Bass, one of Ibanez's basses, and a Hofner. This bass, by far, is the best I've played yet. I think I will play this one for a while. The only thing I might do is look into switching pickups (not that the current ones are bad, I just want a little more 'umph' in my sound). I'd highly recommend this bass to anyone.

I've played several venues in the last month with this bass, and only brought a backup to a handful of shows. It's a very solid bass. It stays in tune well, I really only tune once or twice during a show. The strap buttons have held so far and I'm thinking they will continue to. Unless I was playing an arena or something I think I'd feel comfortable using this without a backup. The finish seems like it will last for a while, but I don't care too much about it.

I can't say I know how the original bridge was, but you might as well switch to the BadAss II bridge anyways simply because it's affordable, and so nice to play with. I didn't tamper with the pickups too much. They seemed to be setup nicely, but I'm not sure if they were adjusted in the guitar shop. The neck is of course Fender quality, frets are inlayed perfectly and the wood is blemish free. Very nice to play (especially compared to my old bass).

I bought one of these bad boy's to replace my old 'Squire Precision' and am loving it. The shape of the guitar kind of freaked me out when I saw it at first, but I seriously love it's slim and sharp cut looks now. I got this in an Arctic White colored finish with black trim. It shares features with the Standard Jazz Bass, 2 pick-ups with individual tone knobs and volume. The shop I bought it from set it up with a BadAss II bridge and the action on the bass is unbelievable. It came with one of Fender's deluxe gig bags and a free cable.

kaptink
    MaidenRules666 wrote: probably an English quid
    Are welsh quids that different?
    metallicaPOOS
    Fik0n wrote: All these reviews sucks since everyone gives everything 10's.
    yeah thats true....
    E V H 5150
    WTF IS A QUID???? I'm American, if you can't tell. Anyway... Seems like a sweet bass. I was looking at bass guitars because I wanted to try something new. I also love Fender (or would love to earn an actual Fender and not a crappy Squire...), so maybe one day I'll consider the Stratocaster version of this (aerodyne strat). It just seems sleek and powerful.
    zigslip
    E V H 5150 wrote: WTF IS A QUID???? I'm American, if you can't tell.
    is that why we're looked at so bad? i think its pretty obvious what a quid is, its definately not candy, seems like a nice bass though, anyone recommend a good metal bass? need one for my brother
    olithebass
    Ive played it once. I prefer the regular precision. you get a more clear tone. though this bass is hot and still sounds good. I just think its too much muffled noise. much like the fender jazz. which is basically what it is... with the precision pickup added