Aerodyne Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Aerodyne Jazz Bass

This guitar fits my style as a fast metal rocker; any other Fender bass would not suit my style. This is a great rock and metal guitar, I mostly use two BP80 DiGi Tech Bass Processors (It's what I recommend) allow me to distort my heavy metal bass. The strings are not noisy, but can ring if strung loudly.

The style of the guitar lets me play fast; it really lets me use bends very well. The strings remain close to the frets for easy hammering and pulling off. Tapping is a thing of the past with this bass. I've been playing for three years myself. I have a small blown out Dean Markley amp, and the two processors I mentioned above. If someone stole it, I would definitely consider getting another Aerodyne Bass, though I have yet to see another one. OK the bass isn't perfect, but it's close, I would consider new pickup covers, the stock pickups are point and hurt when you hit them wrong. I do love the strings close-ness to the strings. My favorite feature is that it's the only bass I have found easy to tap on. I wish it had a whammy bar. Yeah a whammy bar for a bass, but that's just a dream.

I've used this bass countless times, many shows. The hardware is perfect, though I replaced the knobs and the jack-plate, seriously to much black, the chrome looks much better. Without a back-up? Of course, this bass is almost flawless, except for the pointy-ass pickups. The finish doesn't wear off, but dents show up extremely well.

The guitar, overall, was set up very well. The pickups were a little high, but that was an easy fix. The rest of the guitar, was basically flawless, but even the slightest dent will make you sorry. If you plan to replace any knobs becareful not to pry them off, just use your fingers.

Rosewood fingerboard, 20 fret style, maple neck. Black finish (I've seen the custom style in blue and red), with a cream binding around edging of the bass (top only). A Split single-coil Precision Bass pickup, and one single coil Jazz Bass pickup. The controls consist of simple volume, volume, and tone knobs. The knobs themselves come in a chromed gray color, the jack plate, a Fender strat style, also comes chromed gray as the knobs. Standard 4-saddle style bridge non locking Fender tuners complete the Fender Aerodyne Bass. This Bass has a unique shape, it's a little bit of a pain to get used to putting it in a stand, but it will fit. Th bass is Japaneese made.

jb_reborn
    sbass12 wrote: Epiphone Thunderbird is a good metal bass
    no its not, its a shit bass, neck dives like hell, plays like shit, tone is too muddy which isnt good for metal at all. zigslip, if you want a good metal bass ask the bass forum, they will give a you a few great recomendations.
    Graybay
    I have a fender aerodyne and enough cannot be said about this ballsy boy! I have several of the boutique style bass guitars; dinwall, Lakland, Pedulla, etcetera...and this Jap made bass runs as good or better than all of those, it seems I reach for it most of the time! Go figure...if you are looking for a relativly inexpensive bass that gives a top notch performance every time all the time then forget all others - this bass fills the bill from all angles.
    Zachy Boy
    zigslip wrote: E V H 5150 wrote: WTF IS A QUID???? I'm American, if you can't tell. is that why we're looked at so bad? i think its pretty obvious what a quid is, its definately not candy, seems like a nice bass though, anyone recommend a good metal bass? need one for my brother
    anything like esp, dean, not bc rich though, i hate them personally, ibanez is alright for metal also, and lol at the quid thing
    flysupermoo
    I just got one second hand for 165 + my dean bass(part ex worth 120) Just working out wheres best to rest my hand for playing so i get less finger prints and string slap.
    SupersonicJSX
    this is a sweet bass. I like it better than the fretless I like to play. It versatile. I turned the volume down on P-Bass pickup and played Jaco, then turned the P-Bass volume back up and played the Sweet Child O mine bass feature at the beginning, then turned the J-Bass pickup off and played the Trooper. It looks really good too, I love the whole no pickguard look. Unlike most basses that I have played in store, this had no fret buzz at all. A really well made bass.
    the_underling
    Unfortunately there isn't a picture, but the Aerodyne also comes in transluscent blue and red, both with white pickguards and matching headstocks, and the red one is absolutely gorgeous. All the ones Ive played, including the Frank Bello signature (different pickups, more body contouring, no tone knob) have had excellent action and have been superbly fast. I almost prefer the Aerodyne necks to the ultra-fast Geddy Lee neck...
    MetalHead_09
    I bought my Aerodyne for $200 American. I also play an Ibanez btb200 and i use this one for my metal playing more than i do my btb200... its nice to have that bass for a backup tho
    von tratt
    The bass is col, but there's one thing I don't like. It's called Aerodyne bcuz it's so light. But only the body... the neck weights MORE than my last one, and it's getting really annoying
    RHCPJordo1900
    Id give it a 10/10 its an awesome play, look, sound & its very funky if your looking for a bass get this one
    Nozzatron
    This is a fantastic bass for the money, great tonal versatility. Many swap the stock pickups for some seymore Duncan baseline quarter pounders though, give u those stronger mids and lows. There is very little that this bass lacks, looks great, sounds great and the price is very reasonable even new. Just make sure you have a decent amp to pump this beast through to get the most out of it PS: as for the heavy neck, try a thunderbird mate, it's nothing compared to the weight of that thing, they're renowned for having extremely heavy necks.