American Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: American Jazz Bass

I play quite a variety of music. Everything from heavy metal to grunge, and a little jazz on the side. It handles everything I throw at it perfectly. It handles every type of distortion that I've ever used on it. In my uses with the bass, it seems to have a brighter sound to it. You can get it to have the deep, rich sounds tho. I personally love the sound that this bass puts out. It doesn't always hit the sound you want on the first try, but if you work enough, you can hit the sounds you desire.

From metal to grunge to jazz and back, this bass does it all. It holds up every sound, how big or how small. It fits perfectly to every distortion and tone I throw at it. I've been playing for almost two years. I've played many types of basses and this is by far the best I've laid my hands on. If my bass was stolen I would replace it without a doubt. I wouldn't even consider getting something else. My favorite thing about this bass is its versatility, no matter what I want to play this bass can match my expectations and then exceed them. This bass has definately rejuvinated my love for the deep, rich sounds that hold the band together.

I've had this bass going on three months now. Every time I have used it nothing has gone wrong. I've recorded some songs using this bass and have had no problems to date. The hardware is in good shape and nothing that has happened has made it change. The strap buttons are good and work like they should. The finish seems to be good quality and has lasted since 1993. I would use this bass without a backup for sure. It is extremly reliable.

When I got it everything looked to be in order, so I don't know how it came from the factory. When I got a closer look I found a few electrical things that were wrong, but that was just from the previous owner not taking the best care of it. The guitar itself doesn't contain any flaws, and is very nice quality work. The fret work is flawless and the body is in perfect order. From what I've seen, the set up is perfect. Overall the only problems I have seen were ones from the previous owners neglection of the bass.

Mine is a 1993, Mexican made American Jazz Bass. Ironic, I know, but oh well. It has 20 jumbo frets, and has a rosewood fingerboard. The body is alder, and the neck is graphite reinforced maple. It has an American strings-thru-body bridge setup. The bass has two volume controls and a master tone. Volume 1 (with S-1 switch) neck pickup, volume 2 is a bridge pickup. The two pickups are American Jazz Bass single-coil pickups.

Strongbow
    Is this actually american, because its american it should be made in america..
    ArcherTheVMan
    you know if you look on the bolt plate at the back of the neck it'll say made in corona, usa. idiot.
    elcapitan1800
    Its either american or mexican, not both. But I forgive you. This time. I have a MEXICAN made fender deluxe jazz bass and i absolutely love it. And thats my two cents
    Caboose1125
    ArcherTheVMAN, no, it doesn't say made in Corona jerk. It is Mexican made, I know this. I know that it is strange, but it is what it is.
    Ampeg SVT
    american jazz basses did not have the S-1 switch till 2003. If it is Mexican than how is it American? eh i guess you are mildly retarded
    SlapNpopFunk
    The mexican make is way cheeper. My Fender jazz is the real American make and it is made is California. teehee boys are funny
    kingurth
    I got a really good deal on my REAL American Jazz Bass earlier this year, and I can already tell this is probably going to be my primary bass until either I die or it breaks beyond repair. I love it! The sexy black-on-black pickguard/body combo, the milky maple neck... The S-1 switching system comes in handy, too. I don't clean it as well as I should, though... My only complaint is the factory strings, but a quick replacement will help that. Meh, maybe I'll write a review one day.