American Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: American Jazz Bass

Well as a bassist who focuses a lot on jazz it is perfect for that kind of sound, with great variation of tones, with a full sound, I'm playing this through 125 watt amp (Carlson). The guitar can make most sounds you could want from a bass guitar, with enough adjustments made on the knobs. When playing such things as bass chords each note is audible-not a drone of sound, so you can really express yourself. The only fault, and this would only really matter for a metal bassist, that it hasn't got much power behind it, the S-1 switching system was a dissappointment as didn't other much more 'bass tone', this to me shows it much more for the advanced bassist who solo's and has his/her own riffs not following the guitar, following a guitar would be pointless on such a instrument really as it's not designed for that. Though as each note is so perfect I am giving it a 9, for it truly makes a beautiful sound.

I play jazz, and anything with a outstanding bass riff (lots of the time slap bass) so it is perfect. I have been playing nearly two years, but started on classical guitar around 6 years ago, so was quite advancd when I started, on classical I use my dads old Juan Estruch trovador classical/flamenco guitar, hand made in barcelona 30 years ago. I would definetely buy this again if it were stolen, though I would like to experiment with the Jaguar bass guitar by Fender. Compared to top range Ibanez's I have played this always comes out on top for clarity and tone, though not volume.

Yes I beleive this guitar would withstand Live playing, it has a great 'personality' on stage and alows the user to really stand out. I think the hardware will last for a fair amount of time, the wood especially though the knobs and small other parts might have to be replaced in 10 years time. The finish is good, I would of preffered different colours to my shoreline gold, though it stills looks great(sunset Orange I think is the best colour.

The pickups are great, equal for each string so one doesn't get more power than another, the bridge works fine, with a nice neat system. I love the solid maple neck, which allows you to see the quality of the wood unlike rosewood necks. Nothing was/is damaged in anyway.

Hard case, strap, warranty, cleaning equipment, humidifier, warranty, allen keys, owner details etc. It is shorline gold, with a maple neck (alder body I think). It has two of the standard pickups used in the model and has Jumbo frets. Volume and two controls are given(one for each pickup).

EllttEll
    this is a nice guitar, but i wouldnt trade my peavey for anything, accept mabye a gibson thunder bird
    shakysam
    Caboose1125, if it says that it's made in Mexico on the headstock then it's not an American series jazz bass, rather a Mexican standard series model. It is as simple as that, mate, so don't go shooting your mouth off.
    shakysam
    EDIT: I just realised the other bloke insulted you first, sorry for calling you arrogant!
    Filip413
    good bass, have had the pleasure of playing one myself and i loved it, a bit too pricey for a student though
    dylank69
    dude you just a jazz bass not an american jazz bass they got a couple more thous on yours bro
    FenderBassEGAD
    OI! No need for you guys to get aggressive! Did you notice the wiring problems? Maybe the thing has simply been modified with an S1 switch. I'm not sure about the through-body strings, though. I thought that was only American