Deluxe Active Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Active Jazz Bass

Purchased from: Used

Fender have done an Excellent job making this bass. The sounds are amazing, and It will fit any Genre you could want. I have managed to get a P-Bass "Growl" out of this, but also some great funk slap tones, and really good basic blues bass sounds. I can safely say this bass will suit Anything, where the bass is heard (So do not buy this bass for death metal or hardcore punk, It's not made for it.) I sold my amp to get this beauty, so I use it through a Line6 Tone Port, and even on that thing it sounds great. In my local music store I've played through Gallien Krueger 400 and 700 RB IV's and a few ampegs. I will definitely get the GK 400RB for it, and I recommend this bass to any GK user. Sounds great with other amps too.

I play many different styles, but it's mostly Blues, hard rock, and some older metal. All the music I play is by bands that were formed before 1990. It is just perfect. I've been playing bass and guitar for almost 6 years now. My other basses are a Yamaha RBX374 (recommended for beginners!) And an Epiphone embassy V standard (good, cheap 5-er, needed it to play some heavier tunes.) If it were stolen, I'd cry for months until I could get a new one (This exact model), since I'm just a poor teenager, and getting another would not be easy (been working for a LONG time for this). I love everything about it. I have to say my favorite features are the excellent pickups and tuning keys. And the awesome Fender shape, the jazz body, and the neck. You just can't beat that feeling of holding a real, true, original Fender jazz bass, like so many other great players. Compared to my other basses, this wins over them a million times. Yes, the RBX374 might be a good instrument, but it won't be getting any attention at all after I got this jazz bass. This bass is one giant WIN. Get it while you can, I know I will get the P-Bass version as soon as I can, the MIM deluxe active series is serious buisiness.

This is definitely a player's bass. If I had a band, this would be my one and only main gigging bass, and will be for a long time. The hardware, like I've said before, Is meant to last, and will do so for ages. I really like the tuning keys, they're very comfortable to tune with, as my other guitars have the smaller ones, and they're a real pain to tune, while these are big enough so that you don't ever have any problems with them. I have no idea about the factory strap buttons, mine came with installed straplocks. The finish is just beautiful. Mine is black, with a tortoise shell pickguard. It looks incredibly beautiful. I highly recommend it! There aren't enough kind words I could say at the people building Fender guitars in Mexico... If american made fenders are supposed to better than this, then they better play themselves, because otherwise, I'd say it's impossible to be better.

I got it used, but it was brand new and the owner didn't even play it yet. Unwanted contest prize. The action was just about right, BUT the A string had this "muffled" sound on the first 3 frets, and there was some very minimal fret buzz, which took little to none adjusting. The pickups were excellent from the start, everything was factory set up nicely. Everything is great on it, absolutely no flaws what'soever.

2009 Made in Mexico, 20 Frets, standard 34' scale, Medium Jumbo Frets, Thin Jazz Bass Neck, very comfortable and looks gorgeous with the "skunk stripe", smooth finish. Alder Body, Nice glossy finish, Maple "C" profile Neck, Rosewood fingerboard. Solid Top. Fender Standard Bridge. Active Fender Noiseless Jazz Bass pickups, JJ config. Standard Fender Jazz Bass tuners, very comfortable. 4 Control knobs, one's a double: Bass Cut/boost, Treble Cut/boost, Mid cut/boost, Pickup blend and Master Volume. Side input. Normally when you buy it, it comes with a gigbag, and the normal things you'd expect from a new fender, but I bought mine used and it came with a case, straplocks, cable and good strong leather strap, though that doesn't matter to any future buyers.