Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V

This sound is amazing! It can match my Rock style with bass galore, it can have a very bright sound, then drop down to a very dark sound for minor keys. It never gives out no noise what'soever (hence the name noiseless pickups). It has one of the best sounds I've ever heard in a bass.

I play in J-band, a rock band, and a christian band. It matches all of these genres. I've played for 3 and a half years, and I own an upright and a Squier Affinity. This one blows both of them out in everything. Minus the Upright for swing. I love it's versatility, and sheer awesomeness. I wish it had a longer scale, but everything else is perfect!

This bass stands up to everything I've accidentally thrown at it. I my strap broke once on stage and it fell on the ground About a 6ft drop. It didn't even lose it's pitch! It's stood up to a little bit of rain, and the constant little kid attacks on it. One kid actually hit it with a rolling pin. Why I don't know, but It's just as good as the day I bought it.

The action was set up a little lower than I liked. And with the 34" scale the B string was a little wobbly. The bass was set up very good though. Neck was set, along with the pickups, tuners, and the bridge. The finish is solid and looks good, mine is black, and the perloid pick guard looks really good in contrast with the black coloring.

60th Anniversity, Made in Mexico, jazz bass. Made with maple neck with rosewood fingerboard. 20 jumbo frets. Alder body, C-style body. Active electronics (hence the name) volume, tone, and a 3-band EQ. Noiseless pickups and Gotoh style tuners. The tuners hold amazing pitch, you could easily get away with tuning this bass once a week. The pickups combined with the wood choice can give off a very warm tone, to a very fat tone. With the neck pickup on you can get a great solo tone, or an awesome bass tone. With your bridge pickup on you can get good mids with a nice funk tone.

ibikinz
    i dont play the bass but it looks pretty atractive. i play guiar.
    Robb987123Bass
    CasanovaBass wrote: The difference between this and the other J-Basses? The price.
    Hmm... maybe also the 5th string?
    Ca1am1ty
    For some reason i hate fender body shapes,i know they were the first ones to have that shape,but they're just so boring.Except for the tele of course i love those for some reason lol,i might buy a bass shaped like a tele,since i don't play guitar
    Kipyt
    callum2903
    Typik wrote: This guitar looks pretty nice, and yeah calamity, a tele shaped bass would be awesome, hah, I have a tele, and I love the living hell out of it.
    tel;es were orignalsy made as bass's, but no one liked em at first so they made the guitar,look for ones fomr the 80's they were good, i love the fender bodys though they so loose fitting but still substantial, and they look sexi apose to those horrible metal guitars, the only reason to me why gibson and fender rule the roast on guitars is because praticaly every other guitar is a copy of one or the other. All those ibanez's everyone talks about just look like strats, but not as pretty
    bs5538
    I'm going to agree with the comment below your's. You have failed. Not only does it have new active alnico pickups, but an extra knob for 3-band eq. Oh, and not to rub it in your face, but there's also an etxra string on there. That was only the easy stuff. So, what's the difference? I'll just say its much more significant than not, you goddamn fool.
    jushteenie
    that bass a piece of beauty I play bass but I have no idea how to play a 5 string =/ can anybody help?
    thejensays
    I own one, and for the price, the value and the fabulous 7 years of play, I wouldn't give it up.