Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Active Jazz Bass V

Purchased from: Music Makers, Lincoln

it suits my style perfectly which is mainly Indie, but it also suits jazz (hence the name) and sometimes depending on the amp settings can also produce great slap sounds. At home I use a Behringer 1200 bass workstation and at gigs a 600 watt mesa engineering boogie bass amp.

I LOVE MY BASS IT RULES. I usually play Indie music although I sometimes play some jazz and funk. I have been playing for nearly six years and this is my second bass. My first was a crappy little Encore thingy. I also own a Behringer and I also own a Hartke bass stack. If this bass was stolen insurance would cover it however, I have also longed for a Rickenbacker 4500 so not too sure bout tht one. Although I do like this bass. The only thing I wish it had was a pickup changer and I would stick with it for ever.

the guitar easily withstands Live playing, even at the volume I use it at. I think that it will last a long time and I hope it does as it cost a lot. Yes I can easily depend on it, it hasn't let me downa fter five years of playing. The finish is brilliant and still looks like it did the day I bought it.

when I first bought the bass, the action was a bit high and it took quite an effort to just get the notes to sound nice but I lowered the action and now it is perfect. I had no pickup problems and the originals are still in five years on. There were no scratches as it still had the plastic cover over it.

My bass was made in 2004 (I think) and was made in California over in the U S of A. It is a Rosewood neck with 21 frets medium jumbo. The top is glossy so I guess its laminated lol. it is a tri-sunburst finish with a Deluxe Chrome Plated Steel Bridge Plate. It has two samarium cobalt noiseless original jazz bass pickups and 5 control nobs. It has master volume, treble, bass, middle and tht thing which gives it power boi. It has Hipshot Ultralite Tuning Machines. And the pickguard is a 4 colour tortoise shell one blad.

Swannie
    callum2903 wrote: Typik wrote: This guitar looks pretty nice, and yeah calamity, a tele shaped bass would be awesome, hah, I have a tele, and I love the living hell out of it. tel;es were orignalsy made as bass's, but no one liked em at first so they made the guitar,look for ones fomr the 80's they were good, i love the fender bodys though they so loose fitting but still substantial, and they look sexi apose to those horrible metal guitars, the only reason to me why gibson and fender rule the roast on guitars is because praticaly every other guitar is a copy of one or the other. All those ibanez's everyone talks about just look like strats, but not as pretty
    those ibanez look like jacksons which look like strats