Deluxe Active P Bass Special review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Active P Bass Special

The bass has a great sound with it's amp and without it. It's not too noisy and I have used gear like Pandora with it and it sounds awesome. The P-Bass can be used in rock, jazz, alternative, and even sounda goopd with metal songs. Without gear, theres a normal variety of sound it makes but they are all rich sounds.

Overall, It is great for a beggining or professianal band. Iv'e been playing it for about two years and It sounds great and you feel good playing it. If it was stolen I would probably buy an Ibanez because I like trying new things, but hey that's just me. I love the way it sounds and fells but I wish it had more knobs on it. I chose this guitar because Fender is a trustable compony and it's what most people buy when they want a good set for only a few hundered dollars.

The guitar is reliable, I've never had to take it in and it doesn't scratch easy. The hardware could need re-sawdered after 3-5 years of playing. The strap It comes with is basic and I sugest getting a better one for only around $15. The finish is nice, I've had mine a while and theres only a scratch or so on the back because I wasn't very carefull with it (wasn't in its bag).

I asume it was made in a good factory because all of it's parts fit and no part of it is loose at all. There are no major flaws with the guitar. The nobs and parts are all tight and the entire bass fits.

My P-Bass is a 2003 Indonnesian-made four-string. It has twenty medium size frets. It has a solid-top. The neck is made from pinewood and since it's hard it has a smooth touch. The finish is satin and the body style is strat. The electronics are passive, The body dials are volume and treble. There are two sets of pickups. I don't know the name of the tuners but they are big, easy to reach and all on one side of the bass. It was a great deal because it came with a gig bag, a strap, cable, tuner, a rumble bass amp, and a dvd on how to play.