Deluxe Active P Bass Special review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Active P Bass Special

This bass nails almost any style perfectly. Finger style, slap and pop, picking. All sound great. I use a Crate BT50 combo. I didn't like the Fender strings that came on it so I replaced them with Rotosound Swing 66 strings and they sound amazing on it. I get some hum with this bass but I know for a fact it's the amp and not the bass. You can get so many sounds out of this bass.

For any type of music I play or would want to play this bass can handle it all. I've been playing for about a year and I've played a bunch of basses including made in america basses and other fenders and I still prefer this to them. If it was lost or stolen I would defiantly buy this again. I love the maple fretboard and the P/J pickup combo, the pickguard is unique. I hate the bridge and I wish it came with a different one. Anyway for the price this bass is amazing. So many levels above a standard mexican bass.

This bass defiantly could handle gigging. I will probably replace the bridge because the A string saddle? Not sure what it's called, but it constantly lowers itself. I have to adjust it once a week but it's not a big deal. Strap buttons were fine but I still replaced them with strap locks. I defiantly use this without a backup in from of a million people. It's a nice strong bass, I've knocked the headstock on the wall and dinked the body on a a desk and no flaws from it.

Came set up fine, action and pickups all adjusted well. No major flaws, though there is a small finish flaw on the back next to the battery cover but is barely noticeable. The picture for the blizzard pearl finish makes it look silver but really it's a nice pearl color which looks better than the picture. The gold pickguard also looks a lot better in person.

My Fender Deluxe Active P Special was made in Mexico. 20 medium jumbo frets, jazz bass neck, maple fretboard. Blizzard pearl polyester finish, with a 1 ply gold vinyl pickguard. Precision bass body, american Vintage bridge, active electronics, 3 band EQ, master volume, pan pot. 1 Standard Alnico Split Single-Coil Precision Bass pickup (mid), 1 Dual-Coil Ceramic Noiseless Jazz Bass pickup with Nickel Plated Pole Pieces (bridge). Comes with a free Fender deluxe gig bag.