Deluxe Jazz Bass 24 review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Jazz Bass 24

This bass is very versatile. I play everything from funk with slapping to ska/punk and it can do it all. As I said before, the slap-switch is a really cool feature. With the active pickups you have full control of the tone and sound you want.

I owned a Squier Jazz Bass, and it kept falling apart and dying on me. I went back to Long & McQuade and did a trade in, and decided to fo for a more sturdy, higher quality bass. I played this bass and immediately fell in love with it, it feels so amazing. For slapping, this bass is jsut orgasmically good. It's my second bass, and I've been playing for about 9 months now, I just couldn't stand the Squier that I had. For the price, I can't see there being a better bass. It plays amazing, feels great, just a sweet instrument. An undiscovered gem of the Fender line, that's for sure.

After getting it all set up for my needs, and getting the controls fixed it's really solid. I can't see it failing on me anytime soon, I definitely trust it.

I like a really low action and I got it set-up when I first bought it. It plays like a dream now, and its amazing for slapping. It doesn't have a pickguard, however I only use fingers so that never bothered me.

It's made in Korea, which I was a bit worried about, but this bass has cause me no problems. It has 24 medium-jumbo frets with a rosewood fingerboard, maple neck. It's got active Seymour Duncan Basslines jazz pickups. Hipshot tuners work very well. Body is alder with quilted maple top. I had to get the electronics looked at, a couple of the pots weren't seated correctly. It has a slap-switch which lowers the mid and hightens the bass for that quick change from fingers to slapping, really love that.

Nat Stratcat
    Great review - my wife's buying me one for my birthday. Like you, when I tried it in the shop, it was love at first sight. Nat