Deluxe Jazz Bass 5-String review by Fender

Fender: Deluxe Jazz Bass 5-String

Purchased from: private owner

So, at last I think that this bass is great. For me it's the bass I asure you that if someone would sole this bass. Firstly, I would kill him and than will take back this bass. I think that I would change it only for a Marcus MIller 5-String USA model.

AS I sad before I think taht this bass is impossible to break. The owner before me was a studio musician and he has also lots of live shows. This bass in its 5 years of life had done something as 500 gigs (studio/live) and it's still in great condition. Sound great, construction exellent, freats are like they were changed yesterdaty.

As I had already said I had to do some minor adjustements, but mostly because it was preowned. On the body there were some wearing scratches. But nothing affected sound. The neck is straight, the electronics respond very well and it's even very present and growly sound with the warm tone typical for fenders. I think that this bass is ipossible to break.

I'm writing on a Fender Jazz Bass 5 String Deluxe. Sunburst, it was made in 2000 and it's a USA model. It has 20 frets and maple neck. The body is from Ash. It has a active/passive electronics: volume, tone, high/bass, treble. I received with standard Fender gig bag. It is very well made, some scraches (made by the owner I supose) and it has the typical Fender Jazz Bass tone (if you switch it to passive status), but you can also improve it and make it sound more "modern" by switching on active mode. I like handmade basses, this one is not, it had some minor things to repair (mostly because it wes preowned).