Geddy Lee Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

Purchased from: 53rd Street Music- Red Deer Alberta

As a gigging rock, jazz, fuzion and big band player, I appreciate the versatility, durability and rockability of this monster bass. This bass is worth at least 2X the list price of about $800 USD, I'd say with the workmanship, sound and beauty of this bass, this should easily be up in the 1.5K range. Get this bass, get this bass, get this bass. Geddy fan or not, this is the best bass on the market right now.

I've been using this bass as a gigging bass for a while now, and I always get positive comments about tone, looks and how kickass it was. I'd have to say that this bass is among one of the most durable basses I've ever owned. This is a tank!

The action was perfect, the fretwork was perfect, the finish was better then perfect, and what can I say, the neck inlays look f--in beautiful! I've checked every inch of the bass and I can't find a single knick, scratch, or anything, and when checking the soldering all the wires were properly soldered and fastened. Good job Japan!

I got the 2003 version of the Geddy Lee Jazz Bass (from now on known as GL) and it is a MIJ, black beautiful j-bass. The pups are passive, you have your standard 2 pup volume knobs and 1 tone, tuners are vintage Fender, pickups are also vintage Fender, it has a Badass II bridge, with medium-jumbo frets. Oh yes, the slim neck is to die for.

BBradyo
    the magic is when you see him in concert alternating between bass and synthesizer while keeping the vocals solid
    guardo alfonzo
    ironmaidenrulez wrote: look, i no geddy lee is the bass player for rush, but does ne1 else?
    Uh yea what other geddy lee would this jazz bass be named after... Fly by night...yea honkies
    Zigggs
    geddy lee may sound like a chick (I dont even think so), but he owns at bass.
    Fat Bass Man
    i own a Geddy Lee Fender Jazz, best bass i have ever owned and played, get one, you must
    Artisan_Bassist
    It is true what the Fat Bass Man says...I too have this bass (main bass for shows) and it is truly amazing. It rivals, if not surpasses, the MusicMan Stingray.