Geddy Lee Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Geddy Lee Jazz Bass

I play mostly rock with a little bit of slappy jazz music in the mix on my spare time and I must say, this bass is a beauty. Messing with the tone and volume knobs can help you get near any kind of sound you want. I'm runnin it through a Gallien-Krueger Backline 4x10 cab with a Berhinger 4500 amp and it sounds glorious. Very punchy and makes for a great slap style bass.

This bass is a perfect match for almost any style of music except maybe metal. If your into Audioslave, Buddy Guy, to Hendrix, this is the bass for you. I have been playing for almost 2 years and I'm sure this bass will last me for a very very long time. I would replace it with a new one in a heartbeat if something ever happened to it. After I cried of course. The best part about it are definitely the pick ups. There is little to no buzz on my amp while playin at even the highest volumes.

So far I have not played with it live but plan on doing so in the near future. Everything seems to be attached very nicely and it seems to be near indestructable. You could probably use this at a gig without a backup but you should always have on just in case. Very reliable greeat sounding bass.

Right when I got it the bass was set up perfectly. Didn't have to change a thing. Strings werent too so I went and bought some Elixirs but that was an easy fix. This bass looks as beautiful as it sounds. Japan sure did a great job. The '70s style block inlays are an awesome directioin away from your standard dot inlays.

This is a Brand New Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass made in Japan (like all of them). it has 20 jumbo frets on a slim maple neck with '70s style block in lays. Black finish with a white pickguard. It also is equipped with 2 Vintage Fender Jazz pickups with a Badass Bass II bridge. This bass came with a decent Fender Gig Bag as well.

patrickdenneyto
    dude rush is the best ****ing band ever to walk the earth. yes this is a kick ass bass. i played it at the guitar center. o my god, its to die for. i cant afford it : [
    richgray5
    Insanity^2 wrote: This is $699 over in the States? 699 over here That sucks.
    cant you have an american just buy you on eoveer here, and ship it over? Cant you get around import taxes? Id buy you one and ship it to you, and say its christmas present or something
    andrewcap
    i tried out the Geddy Lee jazz bass at my local music store and felt the slim neck didn't feel that great. i was looking for a fender bass with two jazz bass pick-ups and i think the fender jaguar bass is better and at least 100 bucks less. by the way, does the Geddy Lee jazz bass have active pickups?
    thoraxe
    Yes, that is a good qustion, Geddy must be a robot or something to be able to play bass, sung and play synth with foot pedals at the same time
    astrocreep71
    Rush is one of the most peculiar bands that are famous. Getty Lee is thier double edge sword. He is such a badass bass player(not to take away from the rest of the band), but his voice drives me crazy. I can listen to maybe one song at a time. They always start with a nice little groove, and then dude is singing, and you're kind of getting into the story. After about nine minutes though, you're pulling your ****ing hair out screamin at the old lady to CHANGE THE GODDAMN STATION. Talented mucians though.
    bassmonkey16
    im not much of a fender bass player. but this, well, if this is good enough for geddy lee (go canada lol) then its by far good enough for me. i cant argue with him really.
    hawk5211
    Im with Tedward, and Geddy rules on the Bass, and thats coming froma guitarist.
    Tedward
    Dude ^ you wish you could live in Canada. Don't make me sick my pet beaver on you.
    Stolenidentity1
    The bass is great i just cant afford it i played it at tempo music (local) and its awsome Geddy is amazing i wish i could meet him
    Johnsonville
    guardo alfonzo wrote: ironmaidenrulez wrote: look, i no geddy lee is the bass player for rush, but does ne1 else? Uh yea what other geddy lee would this jazz bass be named after... Fly by night...yea honkies
    ironically he did not play this type of bass on fly by night but a Rick enbacker bass
    slavinrage
    Amazing Geddy Lee bass- $699.99 (LOVE IT) Canadian Citizen- $4.50 (DUMB AS.....) Canada- so bad, cant even price (YOU CAN HAVE IT)