Highway 1 Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Highway 1 Precision Bass

Purchased from: Local Shop

Great bass.

This guitar will definately withstand live playing seeing as how that whats I use it for. The parts seem like they will go thru a lot of abuse, and I can definately depend on it and not have to use a backup.

Well I know the action was set by the owner of the store I bought it from when I got it so I have no idea what it was like from the factory, but right now the bass is awesome, it has a great setup on it and the action is great. Since it is american made the parts are great and it seems to be built like a tank.

- 2004 - 20 frets - Alder body - Maple neck - Satin finish - Standard style bridge - Passive electronics - One volume, one tone controls - One P-Bass pickup - Non locking, stock Fender tuners - Came with a deluxe gig bag, and some cleaning tools.

the_guy
    is it worth paying a little more to get a proper american precision do ya think? do people buy this bass because they want something more sturdy than a standard precision?
    sg_ska
    I've not tried one yet but have read alot of reviews etc in the last few days. This bass has now been upgraded factory end with a badass II bridge which most people seem to have done with the first version. Another thing I've noticed is noone seems to have actually mentioned what, for me, was a major selling point - the nitrocellulose finish!! This is what vintage fenders and gibsons were finished with in the early days and allows more movement in the body resulting in truer tone ans massive amounts of sustain!! Plus in 40-50 years the finish will look awesome like the vintage instruments we have from the 50's & 60's!!!!
    RCBAND.net
    I'm digging it. Flawless finish/cosmetics. Rock solid, sounds great, no noise, I like the flat looking finish. Badass II Bridge upgrade is great. THis axe is way better than the toy-like MIM model and seems mostly comparable to the fully blown USA models. Just not as many colors and no high gloss finish, otherwise sounds and plays the same as USA.