Marcus Miller Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Marcus Miller Jazz Bass

In active mode this bass has huge growly lows with punchy high notes. In passive it sounds like a vintage Fender Jazz Bass. I play punk rock emo music (in my band Counterfeit) and this bass gives the music another level and when working with the drums this gives the music a huge beefy and punchy sound. This would work great as a funk/jazz/motown bass (as this is what it was designed for) and sounds and feels amazing for slap. Probably wouldn't work that great for fast punk plectrum stuff.

This is a truly amazing bass. An absolute bargain for the money. The best Fender I, and many others, have played. It looks amazing and unique and its sound matches its looks. if this were stolen I'd cry then definitly get another. There's nothing else like this on the market and it is a ridiculous bargain(trust me). It is perfect for me and imagine would be for many others.

This has a great '70s Fender J Bass feel and so feels like it will last forever (as most Fenders do). It's heavier than most but I find this adds to the overall feel and playability. Normally if I used and active bass I'd take a back just incase the electronics mess up, however this has a switch which allows you to go right back to passive mode.

The wood and finsh are of highest quality and the maple neck is gorgeous. The only problem I had was a slight fret rattle on E string. Easily fixed and not heard when played through amp though. As it is a Fender signature model it is made in Japan and the Japanese have done a very good job.

This bass is an exquisite signature model. It is no longer made and so proved hard to get hold of. It comes in natural, sunburst or white. It is based on a 1975 Fender Jazz Bass, and has a one piece maple neck with white block inlays and an ash body featuring two vintage Fender Jazz pickups with an active/passive switch. It also features a chrome pickup cover for that retro feel. It has a leo quan badass 2 bridge.

dr_92
    i think this is the fugliest bass i have ever seen, and basses arent too attractive in the first place