Mark Hoppus Bass review by Fender

Fender: Mark Hoppus Bass

Purchased from: Music Station

I have been playing for a year now, and this is my bands full time bass (which I chose and payed partly for). I also use Ibanez and Gibson guitars and there is a Fender Precision Bass and an Ibanez SGR-800 also being used (though not very often as Richard always takes it home and very rarely brings it to gigs or practice). It is a superb Bass and when using it live, I've seen other bassists in the crowd point and say "those are really good instruments" or "I've got one of them, nice colour" (these are very common Basses).

This bass plays excellently and is consistant at all times. The whole this seems built to last for decades, and probably will. The finish is Grade A, only it may begin to wear maybe after 2 years of good playing. I would Definitely use it as my main instrument on stage, but i'd still bring along a second Bass because the wiring inside seems very primitive and will easyly burnout.

The instrument was setup beautifully when I got it. Perfect action, perfect level pickups. All put toghether very ruggedly, very strong with nothing loose. There were no chips in the Finish and no screws on the scratch-plate were loose. It was all prepared wonderfully.

Country of origin: Mexico Frets: 20 Wood: Alder Controls: 1 volume, no tone (tone is preset) Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Quater pounder, Precision Bass pickup Neck: Maple Fender Precision Bass neck Fret board: Rosewood Body style: Fender Jazz Bass body Finish: Pink and white Tartan (custom) Bridge: Standard Fender American Bridge Tuners: Fender Standard Accessories: Free gig bag