Mark Hoppus Bass review by Fender

Fender: Mark Hoppus Bass

Purchased from: Ebay.com

I bought this bass to play the music it was designed for. Not slapping or popping, but some good punky riffs. And for that it is perfect. If this was to get stolen I would buy it again definitely, it is a bass that I have fallen in love with. A word about the colour, it comes in Pink, baby blue (daphine blue), or light green (seafoam green). Each colour looks 'gay' or 'girly'.. that is exactly what they're meant to look like. The colours are for people who like to have fun and can laugh at themselves. Overall, this is a great bass, a little pricey but definitely worth it. There could just be a little more to it though.

This is a big bass compared to my previous one (a Peavey Milestone), it has a bigger body and is heavier. Due to this I can tell that this is going to last me as long as I need it. I have bumped it against the wall accidently a few times and spent a long time looking for damage (which wasn't there). The Strap buttons seem a little smaller than my other basses so I wouldn't recommend throwing this bass around your head. Still for dependability, this is a superb bass.

The guitar was set up superbly, tuned, polished and ready to play as soon as you open the box. Everything was as you expect Mark Hoppus to play in a Vidoe for a blink song. There were no flaws in this guitar from the factory at all. Everything as it should be.

Made in: Mexico No. Frets: 20 Controls: 1 Volume Pickups: 1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision Bass Pickup Neck: Maple Precision Bass Neck Body: Alder Jazz Bass Body Finish: Daphine Blue with a white Pick guard Bridge: Standard Fender Bridge Accessories: Free 2m 1/4" guitar cable