Mark Hoppus Bass review by Fender

Fender: Mark Hoppus Bass

It sounds very rich and is perfect for playing punk rock of any kind. It has an awesome set of pick ups and I use a Ampeg BA-115 which makes it sound all the better. With the amp I have there can be a lot of variety with the sound but I just recently tried it on my friends amp and there was no way to make it sound different because of the one volume knob.

This guitar is absolutely perfect for playing punk rock and I love the sound. I have only been playing bass for about a year now but I've been playing guitar for about 4 years and if this bass was stolen, I would instantly buy this guitar if it was stolen. I love the color and body style of the guitar and I love the neck and the feel and I love the simplicity of the guitar and how amazing it sounds.

I have already used this guitar at a gig in the short amount of time I have owned it and it was absolutely amazing and I feel I would never have to use a backup. The hardware on it is simple enough to make it last a long time. I am certain that the finish on the guitar will last a very long time.

There was nothing at all wrong with the guitar when I opened the box. The bridge had a perfect setup for playing with a pick and the neck and body were completely flawless. The color of the guitar is 100% perfect and all of my friends are always talking about the color and the odd shape of the body.

Built in Mexico in 2006 with 20 medium jumbo frets with a maple Precision bass neck. Mine is Daphne Blue and it has 1 Seymour Duncan Basslines SPB-3 Quarter Pound Split-Coil Precision bass pickup. Very simple with only one volume knob. And the body is a mix between the P Bass and J bass bodies.

benkarton
    this bass is awesome. people who dont think so have probably played it through crappy 10watt crates..4relz
    stevo192
    if he plays mostly blink 182 why would he give a s**t about versatility???
    muSico
    GRG-HLB-170, I know nothing about Mark Hoppus, but that's probably his custom designed one Yeah Mike Dirnt P-Bass for the win, I hate J-Bass bodies >
    pie_man_25
    renegadebass13 wrote: i love mark hoppus (im not gay) i play mostly blink-182 im looking to get something cheap like 300-500 bucks (ebay priced) i was thinking of getting this bass cuz it looks wayy cool and all the chicks i talk to love it .... if i shoulndt get this... what should i?
    I think you should get a real jazz, let's face it, it really isn't that versatile, I'll admit, this is a surprisingly nice bass, but not all that great either, just keep in mind that if you get this, you won't have much versatility.
    RuthlessBassist
    yeah i know dude let him play what he wants to play. its a very punky, smooth bass and thats the genre for this bass is punk and rock. thats what it was made for
    renegadebass13