Modern Player Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Modern Player Jazz Bass

Purchased from: Ebay

I play a variety of styles from Red Hot Chili's style funk to palm desert riffs the sounds this bass can produce are good in variety the pickups are able to pickup full C downtuning without any problems, whilst they are humbucking pickups and give a nice fat tone rolling back the volume to around half gives the good old Fender jazz bass sound and its very versatile in its applications I'm happy to say.

From switching from a Squier jazz bass to this bass its not an overly hard transition to make as its a large quality improvement and the tone is great as well, if this was stolen I'd buy another or broken I would try hard as hell to get it properly fixed its a great bass and fully worth the price its listed and not the 300 I managed to snatch it for only fault I have which is one of pure vanity is that it attracts fingerprints like no bass I've ever had.

Whilst a heavy beast to lug around with a thin strap using a wide leather strap its a great, the construction is very solid and I would confidently play this live without a backup, the construction and build quality is frankly great and I would feel safe with it in a gig bag if no decent hard case was available.

At first I was slightly wary of this series as it was china-made and having had below average quality control from china before I was wary however at 300 for a Fender I was prepared to risk it. I was very happily surprised by the quality of this bass aside from adjusting the truss rod and raising the action from the travelling it had had with the couriers it was in perfect condition and ready to play right out of the box.

In terms of features this is a fairly bog Standard Jazz Bass aside from the Vintage style bass bridge and also the jazz humbuckers making a big difference to the sound giving a full humbucking tone or rolling it back to half volume giving the old single coil sound.

clitheroekid100
    Love my Squire Jazz Vintage Modified.I have tried the Fender Modern Player and that was good too but I wouldn't swap. Try them out for yourself. 40 years of playing and I'm still learning (of is that forgetting?!)
    Untensil
    I have one of these and it sounds amazing! I had to get it setup before I could really play it. However, I seem to have a grounding issue with the bass.
    RocketRod
    Have had mine for several months now and am happy with it. Great finish and lovely tone. Used it for a full gig and couldn't fault it.