Standard Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Jazz Bass

Some people would say a Jazz Bass wouldn't be good for rock, but I think it couldn't be a better match. The thin neck is easy to use, and rockers need something easy to play because they're playing so fast. I've been playing for only a year and a half, but I did a lot of homework before buying this or doing this review. My expertise isn't as good as others, but I think I know enough. I love it!

I haven't used it live yet, but everything is extremely solid and tough, so I'm guessing it is very durable. The strap buttons are small but they hold better than my old bass's which were bigger. If I did a gig with it, I'd probably have a backup, just to be safe, but I doubt I would need it.

Everything was perfect for my standards except the strings, (but like that matters, I can change them later). I think the only real flaw was that it was a J-Bass, so it was big and heavy. But it is the most comfortable bass ever when you sit down with it.

2002 Mexican made Model. 20 meduim frets on a rosewood fretboard. Alder body, maple neck. Midnight wine metallic finish. J-Bass-style body. Standard-stock topload-bridge. Passive electronics. 2 volume controls and one tone control. 2 standard single-coil bass pickups. Non-locking Fender-style tuners.