Standard Jazz Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Jazz Bass

This bass suits my music style very well, I play punk rock, oldies and classic/hard rock. I use a Ampeg SVT-Pro head with a 8x10 cabinet, my practice amp is a Peavey TKO 115. both these amplifiers are great. There is no noise at all, none whatsoever. It has a rich full sound and is very bright. This bass can make any sound, you can make it sound like anything you want, its crazy.

This bass suits my playing style, I like to be all over the place on my bass in the proper scale, I like to mess around with chromatics(runs) and octaves quite a bit. I have been playing for 5 years, I also own a Squier Strat Pack. I don't like it one bit, just the guitar. I hate this question but I will answer it anyways, yes I will buy another Jazz bass if this was stolen, but it will never get stolen, I will mnake damn sure of it. I love this bass to the death, mostly how the neck fits my hand perfectly and the body style contours to me very well. Guys, do not buy a bass just 'cause it looks cool, play it and if you feel very comfortable with it then you found a bass you will get very good on. I have not compared this to anything else, no need. The only thing I wish it had was a maple fingerboard with black block inlays. Might as well buy a Geddy Lee signature bass, but I'm pretty sure they don't come left handed. This bass is very good, I recommend it to everybody.

This is my only bass I play at our live shows, it can withstand anything, you just have to take care of it. The hardware will last a lifetime if properly taken care of once again. take note guys. I would use this bass without a backup, as this is my only bass, my Yamaha had the jack ripped out of it. The finish will not wear off, there are a few minor scratches and dings, but no wood showing through.

The guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, but the pickup poles are a bit off, the american pickups are manufactured so they fit perfectly, as the neck pickup is shorter. There were no flaws in it at all, I am not surprised, Fender are the best basses out there.

This bass was made in I'm guessing 2002, the year I bought it, it was made in Mexico. It is also left handed. It has 21 jumbo frets with a rosewood fingerboard. Alder body with a solid black finish. It has the orginal passive pickups it came with with one tone knob, and two pickup volume knobs.

dugR
    LacesOut : Bass players are just as talented as guitar players. Most guitar players that say bass is easy never even played the bass. Also bass playes are usually smarter (Just an opinion).
    wow, you are a little confused there buddy. How can you possibly think that bass players are smarter? that is completly false, and most importantly irrelevant to music. also, have you ever played guitar before? Or are you becoming that of which you hate, a person who judges before playing an instrument? I just got this fender jazz bass as a gift today and i can already play every song i tried so far and i play guitar. try to keep this on topic ok? no sense starting fights with 12 year olds over the internet.
    bassist_of_hell
    guitar is a lil more hard to learn than bass... but when you learn how to play, its easy to get better, the bass is easy to learn, but one of the most difficult instruments to get better, i mean , theres a lot of person that are excelent in guitar, but theres a few that can handle the bass very well
    maogall
    Yeah I agree, bass is easy to play, but very hard to get good at, and very easy to suck at. Yeah, i'm saving up for a Fender Jazz, Arctic white looks so cool.
    snakeyes9510
    wow... fighting on the net is like winning the special olympics... whoever wins is still a retard... haha oh my, my cousin is "challenged"... oh well more power to her
    kaptink
    Nodding Donkey wrote: Great reviews, although I disagree with the statement "buying on line is a no no". I purchased a Jazz Bass on-line (from GAK). Tried it in my local store first, then saved myself over 100 buying on-line, and the set up was fine.
    GAK have to set them up to sell in their north lanes shop. Man I feel so lucky to have those guys on my doorstep.