Standard Precision Bass review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
Fender: Standard Precision Bass

I play everything from Godsmack to Green Day. It matches everything well, but not great. This is my first bass and only, I'm looking for a new one so I've tried a lot of others, this bass is just an average bass for beginners. I wish i would have asked more about it before buying it though, if I could have taken for a year long test run, I would have took decided not to buy it. I like that it gets me and all around good sound, but I hate that it's falling apart. What can you expect?, it's a starter bass.

It's great reliabilitly wise it's great, it never quits while I'm playing, the electronics never really mess up, but it scratches easily and stuff falls off a lot. Nothing really big though.

It's alright in action, kind of slow though. The pickguards are adjusted perfectly, they fit in with my playing style and finguring. Everything seems to be built right except the bridge rises incredibly fast, the knobs weren't fastened on completed and fell off, and the jack wasn't put in right and I've had to fix it every once in a while. The pickguard is also falling off.

It has 20 frets, 4 strings, a standard P-Bass pickup, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, pickguard, maple fret board, Strat Body style, a regular bridge that you string on the same side of where you play, regular tuners, normal frets. Came with gig bag.