Standard Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Precision Bass

Purchased from: Whitaker Music

I've been playing it for almost a year and it still sounds and looks great. If it were stolen I would buy the same bass, but maybe would get an American model. My favorite feature is that the neck is really fast and is great to play on I compared it to an Ibanez sound gear, and I choose the Fender because it had a better sound and feel. The only thing I wish it had was a Jazz Bass pickup under the P-Bass pickup, because I think that that would improve its sound even more. I would definatly recomend it to anyone who plays punk rock rock style of music.

I would use this live, since I already have. It sounds great and I had no problems. I accidently wacked my headstock on my friends drum symbol and it didn't leave a scratch. The strap buttons are solid, but I've nad one mishap here my stap hole near the neck came off while I was playing and it hit me in the foot. The finish if good, and it looks really nice if you use guitar polish on the neck and body. I would definitly use it on a gig w/out a backup.

My action was set up pretty good from the factory. I have no compalaint at all, besides the fact that the truss rod was a little to curved, so it was really hard to push down the strings. You can fix that easily though. I've had no problem with the nut or saddles, and everything fits pefect.

This was made in 2004 in Mexico. It's a 20 medium jumbo rosewood fretboard. The top is solid and laminated, and finger prints don't get shown easily. The body style is Strat, but is slightly bigger than a Statndard Strat guitar. I'm pretty sure the electronics are passive, and it has a tone and volume selector. Split P-Bass pickups. Over all its preety eye-pleasing and its size isn't to small and not to big.