Standard Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Precision Bass

Despite popular belief, this bass will fit almost any style of music. If you have an EQ on your amp, this bass can fit virtually any style of music. I play out of an old Fender BXR200 when not gigging. I play either Jazz/new age stuff or moderate rock, I try to avoid tuning down often. I will tell you, though, that if you change to flat wounds this bass is a lot more resonant and tonal than a J bass. I play my P Bass for the school Jazz band over the school's J bass. This bass has a sweet low end, being surprisingly clear without getting too muddled. The higher tones lack the balls I like in a bass, but sound fine when playing more punk style. I played it through my friends Morley Wah for about a year; when he took it back I had withdrawls like a smoker going cold turkey. I bought a Lyon Wah at target, and it sounds alright, but better than nothing. I also bought an Arion Bass Distortion pedal from Musicians Friend so I could make free shipping. It's not bad for 13$, but if you are serious about playing some heavy ass bass I suggest either a Big Muff or a Distortion Factory.

This guitar can be made to fit any style of music. I've played this bass about 4 years now, from my first Blink riff to Stu Hamm, sounds sweet all around. I would get another P Bass in a heartbeat if this one was lost. I never have to worry about destroying it, if a car hit me while I was wearing it I would worry about the passengers. I compared it to a couple Epiphones, a few Deans, and the only thing that sounded noticeably better for ~300$ more was an 8 string custom. If you think yours sounds like bad, than you need to change the strings. This is the best bass for your buck. Buy it used and don't worry about the factory setting bullshit.

This guitar will survive WW III. I would feel more comfortable wielding this axe in the face of battle than any automated weapon. I know the hardware will last. When I bought it, it was dinged up pretty bad, but I have added my fair share of chips and dents. I failed a guitar spin miserably at my school talent show, sent the guitar 12 feet into the air, and it landed with only a loss of about 3 inches of paint. Broke the cable though. You cannot harm this guitar.

I bought it used, everything was set up already. All I did was raise the pickups so they would be a tad bit louder. Adjusted the intunation as well. One of the tuning keys rattles as well, but rather than replace it I put a rubber band around it and another key to stop the rattling, now you can only hear it when unplugged.

the_guy
    if i fitted some new Seymour Duncan SPB-3 pickups and a Badass Bridge II will I have a bass that sounds as good as an american precision?
    moshuameilly
    Does anyone know about Japanese Fenders? I have a shitty SX p bass i got when beginning. Im getting a new p bass probably fender but I could only found the colour i want in Fender Japan. Is there a huge difference between American made and Japanese made??
    pie_man_25
    I haven't used a P bass yet because I don't have enough money and I'm against Squiers