Standard Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Precision Bass

I personally play pretty much anything from metal, punk and rock, with plectrum or none and it always sounds great. The sound is always crisp and depending on how and what your playing I think it's a very good all-round bass. At the moment I'm running the bass through a Samick SM-258 amp, probably not the best for this particular style bass. I find my current amp, makes the sound dirty and it looses the full sound that it should have while using a plectrum, however sounds brilliant when playing something like Orion - Matellica.

I haven't been playing long, but I have sampled a number of basses, such as squiers, yamahas etc before I bought this one, and this is the style that suits me best. It's the right weight, it has a great sound and just an overall beautiful bass. I think it's perfect for those Who are still learning but require something a little more sturdier and better sounding than a cheaper brand. If it was stolen or lost I think I would be in mourning for quite sometime before I had the energy to go out and buy another. The only thing I would like to change is for it to have two pickups, but because it's a Vintage style bass, with a Vintage colour, it's the kinda of bass that you have for your own enjoyment.

Because of the type of bass I have, my personal opinion is more of a collectors mentality. However, this bass would deffinitely be something that would last. Solidly built to last as long as they are taken care of. You can always expect normal wear and tear if they are played alot. Would deffinitely at this stage be able to play this style of bass at a gig without a backup, but perhaps not a few years down the track. The finish is excellent and would deffinitely be something that would last wuite sometime.

perfect quality, good weighting to it, perfect finish, like I side previously immaculate condition, couldn't find anything wrong with it, and that was after buying it second hand. There were no misalignments, no oxidisations or loose tuning pegs. Just perfect.

Mine is a Japanese reissue 1962 Fender P-Bass, in old cherry red. manufactured 2005. Your standard P-Bass charcteristics: rosewood finger board, with Vintage style american split single-coil pickup (middle), alder body, 20 frets, maple neck, one tone and volume and nitrocellulose lacquer finish. I personaly use flat strings on my bass, which is the only thing I have changed. I have a black leather studded strapfor my bass, real heavy duty.

olithebass
    kramusic4life wrote: should i get this or the jazz bass?
    its your choice. whichever suits you! I prefer this cos of the more rough rock tone, and the wide pickup but it doesnt have a bridge pickup so its really bad for doing harmonics if you plan on being the next jaco Im not really into jazz basses
    Jake732
    the P in arctic white looks stunning. i would definetly get it instead of any other bass in its price range. And im going to.
    Jake732
    zakduarte
    japanese fenders are the best quality. better than the USA ones, which is why they are harder to find. We cant even get them in europe anymore without special ordering. But seriously,compared to a mexican...very big difference.
    olithebass
    Im buying one this saturday for about 400. anyone got any ideas for what colour looks best?. I was thinkin either all white,,, or brownish. light blue looks abit gay to me lol. red looks tacky. I have 2 other basses both are black so I cba with another one of the same colour.
    Lprince
    They come in dark blue...it's really nice, have a look at one of them
    akaDan
    Got it today in artic white. Payed 299 for it. Worth every penny.