Standard Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Standard Precision Bass

This is probably my most versatile bass. I can use it with almost every kind of music I play. Which is great because I play everything from Jazz one day, to rock the next. I mainly use this with my Gallen-Krueger 400RB-III head with my stack consisting of SWR Workingman's 2X10 and 1X15 bass cabinets. Sometimes I like to use a bit of distortion with it from my Boss ODB-3 Bass Overdrive, and Chorus from my Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus. The pickups are noiseless style pickups so it has virtually no extra unwanted noise going around. This bass has the abilty to get that old school P-Bass sound, yet I just turn the J Pickups up and it sounds much like Victor Wooten's bass sound. So I have the option of getting some warmth without having to switch to another bass for a more bright sound. This is also an awesome bass for funk/slap bass. It just sings no matter what I play.

This bass is the best. It is versatile, and can hold up to this review. I have been playing bass for six and a half years, and can say this bass is my most played bass guitar. I have other bass like a Custom Carvin 5-String and a 1976 Fender Fretless P-Bass, and they are all amazing, but are not as versatile as my 1994 Fender P-Bass. Personally I would be heartbroken if it was stolen. It's a one-of-a-kind to me. I would most certainly shell out whatever money would be needed to buy it back from pawn shop and stuff. There is nothing I hate about this bass. I just happened to see it at a music store and knew after playing it that it was the one.

I have used the bass on countless gigs, and it has never let me down. It is a relatively new bass, and the hardware looks like new, so I am not at the moment concerned with it. Everything is solid and in it's place. Varying on the gig I mostly use it without a backup. It is both a beauty and a tough sailor. Looks Brand New and so far hasn't worn off any since I bought it 3 years ago.

I had this bass set up by a guy named Al Farnell. He is amazing and set up this bass with very low action compared to most basses. it's fortunate that my bass can play with such low action without buzzing and stuff. The pickups are really well set-up, even and full sounding. Everything technical wise was set-up too by Farnell. Nothing seems to really give me any problems. It is pretty much in top notch shape.

This is my main bass and it was made in Mexico in 1994. It has a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard complete with 20 frets. It is a solid body as all Fender P-Basses. It has a solid black finish, with a reddish wavy style pickguard (kinda like those dark red Fender guitar picks). The body is your standard P-Bass style, with active EMG P/J style pickups (meaning that there are the regular P-Bass style pickups with a Jazz Bass style pickup near the bridge). I had it fitted with a better bridge that my dad's friend uses when he builds basses. There are four knobs that control volume, tone (P pickups), tone (J pickups), and mid-boost. All other hardware like tuners and stuff are the regular stock Fender parts. I keep it safe in a SKB heavy duty hardshell case.

iplaydabass
    I actually paid $250 for my P-Bass, and the upgrades were $400, so $650 went into that bass. For some reason it put $0 under the paid amount, just clearing that up for everyone.
    Jordanelpaco
    i swaped an epiphone EB-3 (sg bass) for 1 of these its a 2004 fuisca blue same 1 as the picture for this i love this bass is so nice de sound is amazing i even play it out of a shitty harley benton amp its a big amp but its shit but it still sounds great my only problum is you cant really slap on de p bass but i knew dat b4 i swaped it even sounds good wit a big muff
    Vitooch
    my dad has a P from like 84' or something like that.. sunburst finish, all stock everything and i must say it sounds like sex. its heavy as hell too. but the pickups i think should be changed there a little dull i find
    Vitooch