Steve Harris Precision Bass review by Fender

Fender: Steve Harris Precision Bass

I play a lot of genres but mostly metal as I'm in a metal band, The two amps I use this bass with are a Ashdown electric blue and a peavy nitro, this bass produces a very good "meat and potatoes" sound just fitting in perfectly behind the guitars and in front of the drums. Also as this is steve signature it is very good at getting his tone. This bass also is very good and voicing chords and virtuosic playing. When using a Boss 0-DB3 distortion pedal it cuts nicely through the mix. This bass comes with steve harris signature flat wounds so it is slightly less bright than the average bass but if you want a brighter sound you can always swap out the strings. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how it sounds when slapping because I can't slap very well. This bass gets the perfect sound I need and is good for most genres.

This bass is a perfect fit for my style of music, if stolen I would buy this bass again if I had the money I'd buy 2 more of these so I have a backup for gigs and one to keep in pristine condition. I love almost every thing about the bass the only problem is I have to keep cleaning the mirror pick guard to remove finger prints, when buying this bass I tried a Ernie Ball Stingray which I was disappointed with considering it's reputation, I also tried a Fender jazz which I was impressed with but I went with the steve harris as it fitted my style of playing better. Defiantly one to buy if your a steve harris fan or just like a solid sound.

This bass is built like a tank, the neck feels like you couldn't snap it even if you started hitting it with a hammer. The finish feels really nice and solid. The hard ware are all hefty chunks of metal and seem they will out last the lifetime of the person playing the bass. The strap buttons are nice and big, the strap isn't going anywhere unless you try and do spins. This bass could be gigged a hundred times without a backup and still keep going.

This bass was set up flawlessly, perfect pickup height nice action and no factory flaws.

This bass is the 2009 Steve Harris signature which is made in japan and for those of you who have been living under a rock for 34 years steve harris is the bassist from Iron Maiden. It has 20 medium jumbo frets. The body is alder and the neck is one piece maple these woods make this bass feel like a tank. It has what Fender refers to as a royal blue metallic finish, I think it would be better described as blue sparkle, it also has a mirror pick guard so it's a very flashy bass and perfect for blinding that heckler in the audience with the reflection of the stage lighting. The bass is a P-Bass so there isn't much need to describe the shape. It has a Leo Quan Badass 2 bridge which is a great hunk of metal along with the Fender Vintage style tuners it holds tune very well. It has passive Seymour Duncan SPB-1 split p pickups and one volume and one tone, this bass came with a Fender gig bag. This was the only thing I was slightly disappointed with you really should get hard case for spending over 1000.

MR.Shamanistica
    somepieceofmind wrote: wat kind bass is it??
    It's a wooden bass, it's also blue and features strings
    MaggaraMarine
    MR.Shamanistica wrote: somepieceofmind wrote: wat kind bass is it?? It's a wooden bass, it's also blue and features strings