ME105 review by First Act

• Reviewer's score: 2.8 Junky
First Act: ME105

I play metal and this bass doesn't quite pull it off. If you're looking for a punchy sound, this ain't your bass. I use a Fender Rumble 100 and not even it can make this sound good. I've gona through three amps with this thing and nothing can save it. It's very noisey now all of a sudden, probably the grounding wire has become disconnected. This bass isn't very versatile in any sense. No matter what you're going for, the thing's sound doesn't chagne too much, it's just a flat dull sound all the way around.

I play metal and some classic rock and this bass just makes me cry inside. I've been playing for over a year and I knew form the get go I shouldn't have bought this piece of super low end crap. Like I said, not even my sweet Fender Rumble 100 will make this bass sound good, nor will the other 3 amps it's been through. I wish I would have known anything about First Act and it's notorious love for sucking horribly. If it were lost or stolen I wouldn't lose any sleep at night, I'd just work buy me a nice ESP and laugh at how bad the theif must feel for having the biggest piece of crap ever. Folks, when it comes down to it, this is one of the worse basses in history. Stay away. Far away.

This thing would not withstand a gig, that is, if you weren't dragged off stage and beaten due to the horrible sound of this thing. The hardware is fine except for the crap grounding wire in in the bridge. I would not use this bass in a gig without a backup because I wouldn't use at all. It's dark blue sparkly finish, as I said before, is very vunerable to scratches.

The factory set-up for this bass's action was the shittiest thing I've ever seen. The pickups were fine and I would say the the bridge was well routed but after a year this thing died and now pops and buzzes like a motherfucker now. The bass did not contain any flaws when I got it but it now contains dents and scratches like crazy due to my own carelessness, but I noticed this bass is very receptive to scratches. The body wood I'm not quite sure of, but it sucks, this thing has a sustain of about 0.34 seconds.

- Made in China - 20 frets - Passive pickups - 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob - P-Bass style pickup configuration - Regular tuners.