Street Bass review by Fleabass

Fleabass: Street Bass

Price paid: C$ 275

Purchased from: eBay

Flea basses come pre-strung with flea's signature bss boomers, and this model is loaded with a EMG pick up, I still have the bass boomers it came stocked with on it after half a year and it creates a great tone, I use only Peavy amps, a fairly large TNT series or somthing and a small pocket amp, this bass creates a great punk/grunge sound witch is mostly what I play with my band, it only has a basic two-tone bass and treble knob but that all you need beacuse its a very strong full sound, it also has very good sustain, the only problem is the electronics are if'y, turning the knobs gives a wierd scratch sound that I've been meaning to get fixed.

This bass matchs obviously Red Hot Chili Peppers kinda music (witch I often jam to) but I use it for punk and rock/grunge and it fits perfect, a very universal sounds, the look may not look universal try playing in a death metal band with this bad boy, I've been playing for about two years now (this bass isent my favorite ever) but it is the favorite that I own plus it the people favorite realy flashy its not the best bass you can buy but it sure as hell is the coolest looking.

This is a very thick heavy bass giving it it's sustain and sounds, its a very sturdy bass dosent dent easly (it WILL dent if you smash it off a set of symbals, I found this out the hard way). It stays in tune realy well, I can not tune if for a week compared to my ESP LTD that I have to tune everyday.

No finish flaws very well painted and finished, playing with a pick dosent scratch the body thanks to the oddly place "big dot thingy" or otherwise called the pick guard, bridg is set very well, knobs are glued on sadly. They fell of once and I had to krazy glue 'em back on, the nut is placed down the fret board, with some sticking out at the end almost like it was mis-placed, but after callin the company (not Flea himself) its made like that so sa'll good.

I bought this bass winter of 2010 and I've used it as my main bass ever since (keep in mind I'm only 15) my band and me play mostly punk/rock stuff, we have been together two years I used a ESP LTD untill now, this bass give a more fitting basic treble sound, this bass comes in bright soilid coulors, its a realy eye catching bass I'm usually the first person people point at and are like "WTF" also chicks dig it, realy, bright baby blue and the "white dot thingy" in the middle dosent realy look like a serious guitar but its one hell of a guitar when you hear it.

infectednations
    Im getting the gray and black version of this ^_^ The lead guitarist, drummer and me are making a funk band just because of RHCP
    Zan595
    The picture makes it look like there's a giant hole in the guitar, and the pickup is levitating inside the hole.
    Doyletehbassist
    Yeah, this is a review and it's what you got. You didn't click this link to read a novel. This is actually an alright review, only thing I would suggest is to talk a little more about the sound, and how the knobs change it.
    bass troll21
    forgot to login when i posted this , if you have any questions feel free to contact me ,
    r0ckth3d34n
    He calls it a pickguard, right after he uses that term....
    bass troll21
    r0ckth3d34n wrote: Oosh. wrote: Atleast it's not all 10's. I don't think that a serious bassist or musician in fact will buy an instrument because someone said that the 'chicks' dig it. White dot thingy? I think it should be compulsory to atleast seem like you know what you're talking about. He calls it a pickguard, right after he uses that term....
    guitarsftw
    bornIIhula
    Androssie
    nice review! i got the touring bass which plays (in my opinion) a bit better. the street bass is a wonderfull bass aswel! thx for the review
    Oosh.
    gogeelong
    bornIIhula wrote: guitarsftw wrote: The grammar in this review is absolutely horrendous. I don't mean to be a dick, but please make sentences and use periods. It's only the internet, don't stress. This was probably written by a kid. I agree though, reviews should be of a higher standard.
    It says in the first sentence (keep in mind I'm only 15)