Street Bass review by Fleabass

Fleabass: Street Bass

Price paid: € 259

Purchased from: Thomann

I mainly play funk and rock with a small bit of blues, jazz maybe even metal. The humbucker supplies the perfect punchy tone for all this and the tone comes back excellently for bluesly jazzy styles. I play this through a Marshall 3540 Bass head and they work excellently together. The humbucker does not hum too loudly and the sustain is beautiful on this bass. I do admit I play a lot of chili's music and this bass can anything from Funky Monks, She's Only 18, Factory Of Faith all the way back to Catholic School Girls Rule. Hooked on the humbucker depth and punch. Best for price, mark my words.

I play all kind of everything, this bass sounds great fingerstyled, slapped and picked, can't fault it. It fits well into any genre (Bar maybe metal). I have been playing for 2 years and this is my second bass. I was a small bit disappointed that it just came as a bass, absolutely no extra's. If it was stolen, I would continue my savings towards a jazz bass as I have been saving for quite some time now for one. I just love the stylings, the neck and the humbucker. My favourite features has to be the little pickguard, its almost like an aimer for slapping! I compared this against high end Squiers, Ibanez's, Danelectro's and anything in the 300ish range. I choose this because of the humbucker and the result was great! This is a great bass for the money and would not hesitate to buy if you love RHCP and general rock!

I have gigged a lot with this bass, never ever let me down, stayed in tune, nothing fell off, did its job very very well. The hardware is great on this, the tuners are top notch, the knobs are just standard, bridge is something worthy of a Leo Quand or G&L. Strap buttons will not fall off. I always gig with this without a backup, won't let me down. The finish will hopefully last a good while, I maintain this bass very well so it doesn't even have a mark but it WILL dent easily, the body is basswood.

Got this guitar straight of the box into my hand, set up was superb, no adjustments needed. The bass was even in tune! As I have said, the bridge is amazing on this and the hardware is great quality. The actually finish on it is great, it really is a crowd pleaser above all else. Pickguard is stuck on, but stuck on well. The neck is absolutely a treat. Modelled off on of Flea's Vintage necks, its extemely playable and fast. Flea's doodles are also funny, just laid back and nothing too serious looking. One problem though, the potentiometers are a small bit noisy.

Basswood Body, Maple neck (Mine is flamed), Rosewood Fretboard, 34" scale, Passive Humbucker, String-thru body, 20 frets, Blue, Chinese made, Tuners are great, 2 knobs (Volume, Tone), simple effective design. Strings on the bass were pretty sweet too. BEAUTIFUL bridge. Features are just simplicity, nothing too much and enough to get what you want.

Sir9ToeSexy
    Hey, I have a Warwick Rockbass Corvette, a 5 string. I adore it and cherish it, but i can't slap for shit with the B-String. would you recommend me getting a streetbass off ebay, so I can have a rock AND a funk bass? Thanks guys