G-4 review by Gear4Music

Gear4Music: G-4

Purchased from: www.gear4music.com

You can't get much variaty of sound out of the bass, but you could always get some pedals and mess around with the amp. It sound real clean and smooth, at the moment I'm only using it through a bass amp but I would really want to get a Line 6 Pocket POD soon. You get a nice sound with the volume upand the tone right up.

For the price I payed for this bass, its has lasted a long time of constant use, the feel is still as nice as when I bought it and I would really recommend this to anyone who is thinking to get a Gear4Music bass to start with. If it got lost/stolen I would buy the same bass. I love it, I played other makes but G4M basses feel amazing.

The finish of this bass is suprisingly high to what I thought it would be, even my music teacher said how good it is, I told him the price and he coulnt believe it. I have already played a preformace for my school with the bass and I could trust this not to break right before a preformance.

The finish on the Gear4Music bass's are brilliant, the only part I was a little dissapointed in was the cut of the pickguard, its a bit jagged and looks abit nasty up close apart from that its well built. When it came through the post it looked amazing, it looked as good as it could possibly get. After having it 2 years I haven't had to replace anything, I did decide to get some new strings for it, but there was no need to do so.

I bought the bass on its own it came with a gig bag, a strap, spare strings, jack and a tuner all for 98. It only has one volume adjuster and one tone adjuster, they work perfect but not much choice. It has 21 frets, 4 strings and some nice pick-ups even though they are standards.