Freeway 4 review by Godin

Godin: Freeway 4

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

Excellent bass for rock/metal/punk and still good for funk/jazz. depending on your style of guitars you like the apperance may not be appealing but i like it. I've been playing bass for a while and have a Ibanez bass and amp. This Godin was a little more than the Ibanez gsr200 but i like the Godin much better and it has served me well. If it were stolen or lost i'd buy another one just like it or maybe a different Godin bass. These guitars are awesome instruments for the price and i gaurantee you'll enjoy one if you buy one. I have no complaints about this instrument. I am Canadian and trust a Canadian product, but that isn't the reason to buy it. Go play one if your local guitar shop has one, you will probably like it, and i've had many compliments on its greatness. That is all.

I've used this guitar a a couple live shows and a battle of the bands contest. We won so it must of sounded good. The sound compares to a higher end bass and it is very durable. As long as the user is careful with the instrument it shouldn't break or sustain any damage. The strap buttons are solid, along with the tuning pegs and nobs. I would probably have a back up bass if it was a big gig and important but a small show at a party or something it would be fine.

The guitar was set up well with good action, not too loose so that there are large vibrations but not too tight so the playability is gone. The picks were fine and the guitar stays in tune perfectly. So far I've had it for a month and no problems. It is of good quality and will last me years.

- Made in Canada - 20 frets - Two volume controls and one tone control - Maple neck and rosewood fingerboard - Convertable bridge - Single coil pick-ups