Freeway 4 review by Godin

Godin: Freeway 4

Price paid: C$ 375

Purchased from: Long & Mquade

I Mostly play alternative and other rock styles. I use a Traynor 10 watt Bass Mate. It's a very rich deep sound. It seems good for any style, from blues to metal, really. I also use it for punk. If you adjust the settings right, it makes a REALLY distorted sound, too.

This is great for a second bass, (new it's around $600.) My favorite feature is the sound. I don't think it could get any better. If it were stolen, I would probably get another one, (thing is, I got mine so cheap!) The only thing I wish it had... A five-way switch. That would be awesome. Great Bass overall!

This bass is great for live playing, it's Canadian Maple, so it'll last! The hardware seems pretty good. I may have to replace it at some point, though. The strap buttons aren't very good on their own, but they're made so that you can put strap locks on them.

I got this guitar used, so I can't tell how well the factory set-up was. The pick-ups were poorly adjusted, but they're floating, so all you need is a screw driver to adjust them. There's one part on the bridge that's a little sharp, but that's okay. Great bass!

I have a 2009 Godin Freeway 4. The parts were made in the USA, and assembled in Canada. It has 20 frets two volume knobs and a tone knob. Overall a great guitar. Not to simple, not to hard... Gah! They want me to type a bunch more characters in each column!