SB15 review by Hartke

Hartke: SB15

This is good for any style, for punk, metal, jazz and funk. Whatever you play this bass can handle it. I use a Hartke bass amp but it still sounds excellent through a guitar amp. Also the pick ups don't pick up all the fuzz so you get a good sound and feel out of it.

This is a good match for any bass player Who does any style really, I've been playing it for 2 years now and it has served me well. If it was stolen I'd get it again if was in most shops but it isn't so that depends how much it is over the internet, my favourite feature has to be the lightness and how easy it is to play, you can move your fingers over the fretboard so smoothly and jump around like a nutter at the same time.

This bass has been used in many gigs before I had it and a few with me and it's handeled it fine, when played through a quality amp. The strap buttons are too close together mind, and I'm in a punk band so I'm jumping around the floor so I need straplocks which is a good idea. The paintjob has lasted for 3 years withoput scratching so there's no worries there. I would definitley depend on it as long it was in good hands and probably with strap locks. I've never had to change or fix the pick-ups but with it being second hand, I've needed to solder the input a couple of times.

The pickups and hardware are all set up like a normal bass guitar but are easily adjusted, and the bridge is put so the strings are just the right height above the fretboard. I got mine second hand, so the wiring wasn't amazing, but new I suspect it'll be done well. The only major flaw is it's so light if you turn around it could fly anywhere, so hold tight.

Beginners, experienced, anyone who plays bass will like this one. The SB15 package is an awesome buy. Looking for good sound, good feel and a light guitar then look no further. It has a sleek shape and is a simple set-up with all Hartke's own hardware all over. It is good for beginners with it's light body and nice shape for sitting down with andf pratising. And it's good for experienced players with it's good sound and good size fretboard. It has the standard 24 frets and is a good size for people with fat or thin bass pluckers! Solid neck and headstock and has a shiny black finish. It normally comesm in a package with a 15 watt Hartke amp, lead and strap. The only thing is they're kinda rare so you'll have trouble finding them in shops but over the net should be a doddle. Cheap, fun to play and good for gigging, any bass player must at least try this baby!

Bullet-Rule
    I bought this bass about 6 months ago as a beginners' bass and i have had absolutely no problems with it. It is damn light so its great for moving on stage and the finish is nice. The hardware is fine and i've had no trouble with anything yet. Its a very attractive bass and i'd recommend this for any beginner!
    bluesychris
    Well I play a 6 string not bass but I have this guitar pack beause i think that experimenting with other types of guitar is really usefull, Its never failed to produce what I need it to I give it 9/10
    Belgian Bastard
    I own this bass(and amp, both in the same set) and I love it. I got it second hand, and I never had any trouble with it.
    rockergeek0321
    I owned this bass. It is great for beginners and overall pretty solid sounding and looking. I had a nick in the finish by the time I traded it in and that was it.