SB15 review by Hartke

• Reviewer's score: 5.4 Decent
Hartke: SB15

The style of this is pretty much anything. Well of course it is not a jazz bass but it can sound like one witht he Switch of pickups knobs. Never turn everything on this amp up, it will either blow out your ear and the amp, make you deaf or make the amp useless. But other than that it has a great sound.

I play whatever I find with good bass, and yes I can pretty much use it for that. I wish I had known how bad the cable and strap are. I would have definantly bought another. I would most definanly not buy it if it was stolen, I would go for a non-beginner bass. I love the amp, and the sound of it. I hate how it is beat up, and I hate how it is bowed. I would compare it to the Squier beginner bass, I would definantly buy the Squier because it is not black and the sound is way better. I would definantly choose the Squier.

This guitar will probably withstand a live show, but as a backup plan. After a while I would most definantley get a replacement. It is only a beginner bass, get rid of the bass, but keep the amp for practice. Other things are the easily chippeing off finish, I hit a wall not very hard with thiss and guess what, a chip the size of two pencil-erasers (the ones on the top of the pencil).

The guitar itself was actually pretty good. I give the factory rating a 1. I do this becasue my bass was bowed. It really makes a difference when you are trying to hit those high notes really fast.Also when I got it it the tops by the tuning knobs was beat-up from the packaging. The flaws on this guitar are only that you need to polish it quite often because of the black finish.

This bass includes the guitar, a Hartke B150 amp, a strap, a cable, and a gig bag. To start out with the guitar is great, one problem with mine is that it is bowed. The strap broke within 3 months. The cable is so horrible that I had to buy a new one the day I got it. the bag is pretty good. The amp has very good sound, I give that a 10. But since the other stuff wasn't very good, I have to give this a 3.

sethring
    I got this bass, (second hand)and is my first bass, its great for a first but your bound to replace it within a year or two of playing bass, amp is a bit screwed, gonna take it somewhere to get looked at. All in all, i would give the bass a 8/10 the amp a 6/10...and replace the cord IMMEDIATELY. Its a pretty feel good bass all in all =]
    killyerscene
    My strap broke, the cable needed replacing and its tricky to get the EQs on the amp right to prevent fuzzy buzzes... other than that, been playing it for almost 2 years and no complaints... great for rockin out with a buddy, dunno about shows though...
    ashenbassist
    This was my first bass, 14th birthday present, it worked for learning on definately, but after a year i felt the need to progress and so i bought an LTD B-2005, realy sick bass. The Hartke became my beater bass for travelling ect. Then in Woodshop in grade twelve we had the opportunity to re-finish an old piece of furniture... With an iron i ripped out the frets and used epoxy and lots of spray-gloss to get a glassy fretboard, sanded off the black on the top face of the bass and threw on a nice walnut and maple striped wood veneer and then busted out a nice fade in on the edges of the bass. This thing is sick with some nice light guage flats or round wounds! need some new pickups soon though. as for the pack, the amp blow chunks but is nice for travelling and the headphone preamp is surprisingly great. Everything else is garbage, totally useless.
    evanj98
    the first review well man i think you got a dudd bass lol anyway i love this bass