AGB200 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AGB200

The guitar had a very bright sound, so I put Rotosound RS77S Flatwound Jazz Bass Strings on it which put that "thump" into the sound. There was considerable string noise before I replaced the strings, but the flatwounds remedied this. I use a Peavy bass amp with this guitar. There is nothing I don't like about the guitar. It's not your heavy rock and roll guitar, but I think any good bassist can make it do about anything if they set it up for their style of playing.

I've been playing bass for 35 years. I've owned a Rick 001, Univox, Fender P-Bass, Gibson, Washburn, Kent(Beatles Hofner copy; great little copy except the bastard made a nose dive for the floor everytime you let go of the neck.), Fender Mustang, and numerous others I can't remember. I also own two Rogue bass guitars, one 4 string and one 5 string. (The Rogue bass guitars are excellent basses.) I would buy this bass again if it were stolen. I love everything about this bass. If I could get Ibanez to change anything about it, I would maybe put separate tone and volume controls for each pick up.

I feel this bass will be very durable and last a long time. But of course, I treat all my guitars like new born babies. The finish is very well done and appears to be very durable for the long haul. The strap buttons a heavy duty, as are the bridge and tail stop. I would do a gig with this baby without a backup. I trust it very much. Electronics are solid.

The action was a litlle high for me so I adjusted it accordingly. The intonation was way out of whack for the "E" string, but I adjusted that also and hit it on the head. I lowered the pick ups just a bit to help reduce the string noise and to compensate for the lowering of the strings a bit.

2007 year model. Ordered it new directly from the Ibanez factory through a local dealer. Absolutely the most beautiful bass I have ever owned. A 4 string, semi-hollow body short scale bass. The guitar does have a surprisingly bit of weight to it, probally from the sustain block within the body. Transparent brown maple body finish is amazingly beautiful with gold hardware. Made in China. Has two passive humbucking pickups with one volume and one tone control and a 3-way switch; simple, the way I like it. The finish is flawless. Set neck is 3 piece maple and mahogany, I think. Body style is like a Les Paul with "F" holes all trimmed in a antique white binding. The guitar is very well balanced and comfortable standing or sitting. Sealed gold tuners with white knobs for that retro look. Has large frets which are well set and trimmed. I had to later order the case directly from Ibanez because no one, and I do mean NO ONE has a case to fit this guitar except Ibanez as far as I know, because I checked everywhere.

mr. BiGG
    this bass is orgasmic and has such a kl sound!!!! trust if u play it ull want it and im a normal guitarist haha
    cedaguol
    what kind of music would fit this type of basses? you know, this kinda short scale, f-hole, almost guitar like basses?
    Damage Case
    maybe i'm just a dumbass, but what do you mean by "the intonation was way out of whack for the E string". just like what does that mean? good review though, thanks