ARTB100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARTB100

I play lots of different styles of music such as funk, rock, punk, Indie and loads more. To be honest I think this bass is great for all of them. I am using the Line 6 lowdown 15 amp with it and I think its brilliant you can get some low punchy bass or some great stringy treble. Just have a play around and I am sure you will find something that suits your style.

I think its a really good match for all styles of music especially 70's rock such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Moody Blues because it can give some real punchy bass lines. There is so much I love about this bass it looks and sounds brilliant. There is nothing really to hate. And if it got stolen or lost I defiantly would not hesitate to buy it again. I would defiantly recommend it to a friend.

I think that this bass has done really well when used at my performances the strap buttons stay tight and it stays in tune for a long time. The finnish is really nice and has a nice Shine when in the light, although it does seem to pick up dirt from the fingers quite easily, but this is easily wiped of with either just a cloth or I use some Kyser Dr. Stringfellow cleaning fluids with a soft cleaning cloth (this gives it an amazing shine)

When I brought the bass it was brilliantly set-up so I have left it how it came and I haven't found any problems with it yet, apart from one of the nuts on the tuning pegs was slightly loose and made a ringing noise, but that was easily fixed and now sounds great. The Pickups and the string heights are perfectly adjusted which means know buzzing against the frets.

Solid mahogany body, 3pc maple/mahogany neck and bound rosewood fingerboard. Artcore humbuking/passive bridge and neck pickups which give a warm classic tone. 30" short scale neck means easy fretwork. Gibraltar III Bass bridge, quik change III bass tailpiece and 22 frets. Two tone control and one master volume knobs.

cammy511
    I have used line six before quite a pleasant sound, nothing really wrong with it.
    Linkerman
    EpiExplorer
    Linkerman wrote: MetalheadforJC wrote: I stopped reading when I saw that he was using a line 6 :/ Dumb comment. Just because Line 6's practice guitar amps are crappy, it doesn't make every Line 6 amp crap. The LowDown amp series for bass is pretty good.
    Linkerman speaketh da truth. Besides, the bass itself probably has more potential than just punk and rock.
    L2112Lif
    Line6 bass and tube amps are pretty damn good, and notably better than Marshall's MG line of amps. I'd actually choose a spider over my old MG, but I got a Vox VT amp instead of putting up with either of their crap! /bitchslap shit amplifiers.
    abbydaddy03
    hee hee do you "know buzzing", are you "finnish", definitely "defiantly", ah ha ha ha. If you have the bank they'll sell it to anyone.