ARTB100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARTB100

Purchased from: Dawsons.co.uk

Right - this bass guitar is not a metal or punk bass guitar. It has a very rich and clear sound and would be more suitable for Indie and rock bands - think The Beatles with the distinctive sound of Indie bands like Arctic Monkeys or The Strokes. A very warming low/mid tone makes the sound very unique. Plugged it into my Marshall MB60 bass amp and was alot louder then I thought it was going to be while retaining that strong, clear tone. Haven't tried it with effects but I could imagine the results would be interesting.

I'm currently in an Indie Rock band so for my needs its great; smashing retro style, unique clear sound and great features. Only had it for 2 weeks but I plan for it to be my primary bass for a long time to come. When I'm jamming I do sense it's character which really just feels 'right', haven't had that before. Just take note this is not a bass guitar for metal heads or punk players! Go for the 'Ibanez 430' if thats your style, same price bracket and very powerful. I would replace if it was stolen, no second thought. Highly reccommend!

I've only gigged once with it but it went without a hitch and lasted our 40 minute setlist without the need for tuning. Really stood out with the drums I found, didn't fill like it was plugging the gaps in the airwaves but rather standing on its own between the guitars which gave it it's own ground to fight on. It feels really solid and I plan to use this bass as my primary guitar for gigging and practices.

My one concern when buying this bass was the fact it was made in China and I have had guitars before that had a pretty average build but I was pleasently surprised to have this guitar fully setup, solid and without any factory flaws or deficts which I had expected. The bridge was perfectly aligned and strings prewound which was a bonus. Came in a pretty bog standard box, no gig case or extras.

The ARTB100 is made in China and has a 30" medium fret scale and thus is perfect for those people who may be more accustom to a electric guitar or have smaller hands maing it incredibly easy to play, fun too! Features a Mahogany Body, Gibraltar III bass bridge (19mm string spacing)and a Quik Change III bass tailpiece and slimline body. This bass has two impressive ACHB-2 humpicker pickups which Shine in all their lovely chrome finish glory! The classic looks of the ARTB100 are enhanced by an arched top and refined body binding.Combination of mahogany body, lower string tension and ACHB humbuckers with metal covers produces warm, classic rock tones. I bought the white version and it looks very clean cut and on closer inspection has a creamy colour on the body then the pictures suggest, it works well for the guitar.

MCGoddard
    definitely considering one of these basses now, they look absolutely sick I have only ever come across the line6 guitar amps, nothing wrong with them, I just think they should be in a lower price bracket