ARTB100 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ARTB100

Purchased from: Nevada Music

As a blues player this axe looks and sounds the part. I own many basses and this is one of my favourites, regardless of price. This bass and also my Ibanez AGB200 have become my instruments of preference over time, high praise for instruments that come at an affordable price too.

The ARTB100 in white is a real beauty and is a real player regardless of price. I believe it's now discontinued but if it were run over I would be upset and would look for another. There's not really anything I would change as it is what it is. If I want something different I'll use a different bass, that's why we own more than one, of course.

Little to go wrong and has stood the test of time. No complaints. Would be happy to take it alone to any gig. The paintwork seems to have stood up well and seems to be durable and the chrome hardware has stayed bright, looks as good now as it did when new.

I do remember being surprised how well this bass was setup out of the box. Nut action was perfect (unusual), neck was set perfectly (amazing) and intonation wasn't far out either. A few small adjustemnt for preference and it was ready to go (fantastic). Frets well finished and paintwork flawless. Chrome hardware of high standard and of good quality.

This bass is a real beauty in white, more of an off white colour really. The finish of my example is of a VERY high standard and is a fine example of the quality of modern Chinese products. Two humbuckers and excellent bridge all in chrome with Gotoh type machine heads, also in chrome. The arched body is Les Paul style and quite thin. Two volume and single tone control allow a wide range of impressive tones. Weight is average and balance is good. In all this is an impressive instrument that looks beautiful with a performance to match. I love it.