ATK300 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: ATK300

I play rock and funk styles mainly, it gives a great kick for the rock stlye and it slaps and pop great aswell. on my Behringer ultrabass sounds really bassy and meaty which is great, I also play it distorted aswell which sounds ok but nothing special. it's not noisy at all when your not playing and you can get a bright sound or attack sound out of it by using the 3-way selector. It makes three great sounds just off the pickups.

It matches my style well, but with the pickup it's pretty much mach any style. I've been playing 2 years and I had a Yamaha before it.I would buy it again becasuse for the price it's amazing. I love the pickups the can give it a real kick but the jack-in gets me annoyed. I compared it to other Ibanez's cause I was pretty set on one but I did compare it to Waricks and the lower end Fenders I decided this one was for me. I don't think you can go wrong with it, closest to a Stingray at a great price.

This bass while outlive you quite easily, it's a beast. It's solid enough and technically sound so I would gig without a backup but just a bit worried about the jack-in. The finish looks great and should be a problem at all and the strap buttons are really solid.

I found the action was a bit low and rattled abit but otherwise good. Everything was ok but the jacks-in abit crappy and cuts out if you move around. But I read this is a common problem with the ATK's and should be easy enough to fix anyway. I just hope it won't cut out on me in the middle of a gig.

It's one of the new ATK re-issues so it was made in 2007 in Indonesia. 22 jumbo frets, which I find quite small compared to my other basses as well as the neck which is still pretty thick however. I got the natural colour with a black pick-guard, which is kin gorgeous, the body is Ash and the neck is maple. It has ATK triple coil pickups which lets you get a different sound easily. It has volume, bass, treble, and middle controls. Just came with a cable and some tools. The pickups are amazing and it looks awesome.

carlos cuerda
    well i have one and its very versatile it fits almost any kind of music if i have to sell this bass i would buy a ken smith or a yamaha abrahan laboriel signature i think this is the best bass ibanez had ever made!!
    jet_king
    I have an Ibanez Jet King bass and I must say I love that thing.Great tone for any low end you need and great slap tone to, even when distorted, it wont let you down. I'm torn between a fender Jazz bass and this "beast of a bass" but looking at all it can do, in the long run I'm most likely going to buy this ATK bass. I dont think you can ever go wrong with an Ibanez.
    FFTLxx
    I'm getting this bass later this year, thanks for the review.
    marhis
    i bought it month ago and it's greatest bass for the price, but wouldn't recommend it to anybody cause i love it so much. others can play with other basses
    Haunted_Shell
    It's a great bass. Yet the complaint I have is even though it gives you tonal diversity, it's missing it's on voice. And it's a bitch to play certain types of styles. But I love it and will never part with it
    c_isher
    True, it is hard to play some styles with this bass. I've had a Squier Affinity Precision bass, and it is really cheap and muddy sounding. After picking up one of these, I've not picked up my Squier since. The neck is signifigantly wider, but for me that's good because I hate playing very thin necks. But, then again, the neck of the ATK is not good for stuff that likes to skip strings often and move quickly (I.E.: Red Hot Chili Pepper's stuff) But I love this bass.
    saint_berzerker
    I have the ATK, but with the rosewood fretboard. I'm a guitar player that just wanted one to mess with. This thing is the heaviest thing I've ever played...even basses. They were on clearance for 300 bucks a couple months ago on musicians friend. This thing is like a tank and has a good tone...but man, is it heavy and bulky. Not like other Ibanez basses that have thin and narrow necks.
    el beasto #3
    whats the approximate price for one of these? anyone know? too lazy to type in musiciansfriend.com
    Ermac1991
    Just special ordered one of these from guitar center cant wait to get it.