BTB405QM review by Ibanez

Ibanez: BTB405QM

This bass suits every style I play, it can get the low end for metal, it can do normal rock, jazz, high ends for funk etc. I don't use any effects on it as they are not really needed unless you are into creating interesting sounds with the bass. Because it is active it is not as loud as a passive bass but still packs one hell of a punch! The overall tone variation on this bass is incredible, it sounds like lots of basses in one.

This bass overall is amazing, the only thing that I really would advise is to get the setup changed at a guitar shop. It suits my styles of music. I would definately buy it again if it was damaged or lost. I may buy the specially designed case for it also to comlete it.

This guitar is perfect for live playing and will handle anything you throw at it with no problem. The hardware looks very durable and after a year I cannot see and noticeable damage. The strap holders are also very reliable but it might be worth investing in strap locks as normal straps can wear and fall off and you wouldn't want to drop this bass! My only moan is about the jack lock, I was at a gig and the guitarist in my band stood on the lead as I was walking over the stage and instead of the lead falling out, the inside got damaged and so had to be repaired.

This is where my only complaint comes in. The bass was terribly set up. The action of the guitar was far too low and so the strings buzzed against the frets especially the low B string so I had to get it re-adjusted. The pickups are easily adjustable with a screw dirver. There were no other flaws that I have found with it.

This bass is incredible! It comes with two Bartolini MK1-5 active pickups. It is a five string bass so you get the extra B string below the E string ( most people get confused and think it is a higher string). It's a 5 piece guitar and the body is made from maple and the neck from walnut. It comes with 24 medium frets and a rosewood fingerboard. Another great feature is the mono rail II bridge. This bridge is not joined by a metal plate as standard but instead each string has it's on individual string mount to stop vibrations passing through the other strings. It also comes with 18V active circuitry and a 3 Band EQ consisting of bass (boost/cut), treble(boost/cut), mid (low/high|cut/boost), voulme and pickup selctor which can be blended between the two. There is also the Neutrik locking jack which stops your lead from falling out of the bass. You can gain amazing sounds suitable for all types of music.

callingknopfler
    man u all paid a lot for your bass! the price that they have put on my review is wrong, i actually paid 450
    longonbon
    i was just at the music shop and it was 630 canadian I am gonna get it! Its such a sweet price for such a sweet bass!