BTB470 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: BTB470

Purchased from: Muztorg.ru

I have played many styles, including grunge, jazz, Indie rock, but stopped on metal. It's perfectly suit for this. With active equalizer you can get sound you ever want to. It's not noisy at all, I've tried it on many amps, at home I have Fender Rumble 15. It have bright and clear sound like jazz bass, but if you want you can get sound of Warwick or Schecter. The factory tuning was E/A/D/G, but I've bought 5 strings pack (130, 115, 80, 65) and set it up on A/D/G/C. It's not buzz at all. After I've lowered tension on anchor and set-up B/F#/B/E because my band had stopped on that tuning. That Ibanez has a very great slapping tone.

I play metalcore, it's perfectly suit it. I playing on it 8 months. Before it I've played on Squier P-Bass, LTD F-154 and Warwick Rockbass. If you want convenient and universal sounded bass buy it. If it were stolen or lost I would buy only the Ibanez bass because they are very convenient to me as for playing them as for sound too. I love it's sound and hate jack input locker. My favourite feature of that bass it's active equalizer. I've compared this bass with Warwick Rockbass and I've chosen this because of 35 neck scale. I wish it have not jack input locker.

I've played many gigs on it and it's very comfotable exept locker on jack input. It uses two 9V batteries. After I bought bass, I've changed batteries on next day. They have worked about 4 months, but I've been playing bass 3-4 hours a day plus repetitions 2 times a week.

The only thing I've mentioned it's that volume knob is a little bit loose.

Made in Indonesia in 2008. It have 24 frets and 35" neck scale. Thru-neck construction. Body - Mahogany, neck - 5 pieces maple / bubinga. Finish - iron pewter. Deep cutaway body style. Mono-Rail II bridge. 2 Passive Humbuckers Bartolini MK2 with active equalizer. Die-cast tuners. 1 cable 3m.

ErdelyW
    It's not ugly in my opinion, besides who cares? I play guitars, not bass, but would play on a broom stick with strings if the sound, the feel, and ease of play would be good (I only comment because I might consider buying a bass too, it would help my technique by learning another and similar stringed instrument ). The review could be more detailed. I see how non-English speakers shy out from long reviews, but you and your gear looses credibility if you post such a review about an Indonesian-mad axe. Especially if the 'score' is that high.
    EpiExplorer
    It's not buzz at all. With active equalizer you can get sound you ever want to. I play metalcore, it's perfectly suit it.
    Ow, my brain...
    inkms
    I have this bass too and i can say that is really great bass. The look depends of your likes, i really like it. I bought it for about 500, much less than what it sais up there and I for that price it deserves the hih score it has