EDB550 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EDB550

Purchased from: Nevada Music

Sounds very good! The active pickup gives a nice tone, and can change very easily to suit any type of music. Used this Bass in a covers band for my music course, and I haven't found a single genre which it doesn't sound at home in. Plays very easily too, so not too many complaints at all.

Having applied as a Guitarist to my course, they facility greatly miscalculated what they need, therefore we ended up with 0 bassists and 5guitarists. I opted out, for free one on one tuition to learn bass, and bought this instrument to use for my course. It's been reliable from the start to finish from when I've needed it, and although I have never previously owned any other Basses, I've experienced playing others, and this performs equal in comparison. For the price I paid, this has definitely been worth the money, and i'd recommend in trying one out, as a good gigging option for your collection, as a main instrument, or as the 100% guaranteed reliable backup we all need.

Never had a single issue in terms of this instrument being reliable in a variety of set-ups and venues. It's always performed well, and sounded great at doing so. Although the finish is starting to coming off slowly, it can only have been expected with the amount of gigs this instrument has had to deal with recently, let alone rehearsals too. Been gigging with this without a backup for two years, and thankfully I've never had the need for another Bass. I would never have opted for this with Guitars, but had no choice due to financial reasons of buying two basses for one course.

Nice finish when bought, but extensive gigging for the last two years has worn away at the finish. Only flaw I've found is the horrendous Fret Buzz from the B Note on the E String (7th Fret)when being played.I've worked around this to avoid playing it so it's not proved a problem in me making sure I get a good sound, but I've had to change my playing to fit this instrument. It's been worth it though!

Neck: 5pc EDB4 Wenge/Bubinga neck NeckType: EDB4 Body: Light Ash body Frets: Medium frets Fingerboard: Rosewood Inlay: Pearl Dot Bridge: B100 bridge NeckPU: Duncan/Ibanez neck pu MiddlePU: Duncan/Ibanez bridge pu EQ: EQB-IIDX 2-band eq Colour: Black Came with a gig bag and a strap.

randymeeks81
    sewoo55 wrote: ibanez basses have the best price to quality ratio
    sewoo55 wrote: ibanez basses have the best price to quality ratio
    jpnyc
    Only flaw I've found is the horrendous Fret Buzz from the B Note on the E String (7th Fret)when being played.I've worked around this to avoid playing it so it's not proved a problem in me making sure I get a good sound, but I've had to change my playing to fit this instrument. It's been worth it though! You could always just pay a guitar tech to even out those frets.
    foster.getagrip
    I have an Ibanez Jet King bass and I love it. It's the best bass I've played in my price range. Better than some 2000 dollar plus Fenders and Gibsons
    Guusguus
    I have an Ibanez Sr-300, bought for 300. Awesome bass! it was my first bass, used it for my bands and some recordings. it has a great sound and plays awesome. the best bss for that price!
    CannibalBirth
    EpiExplorer wrote: randymeeks81 wrote: sewoo55 wrote: ibanez basses have the best price to quality ratio sewoo55 wrote: ibanez basses have the best price to quality ratio thank goodness for Ibanez, makes playing the guitar more affordable than Gibson does. Well known fact that Ibanez purists dont believe exist: The tone is rubbish on any guitar (for bass, Tone is something of a debate) thats less than 600. Prestiges have good sounds, but have you ever heard a prestige that DOESNT sound the same as another one..?
    Says the guy with Epiphone and BC Rich guitars.
    kevkev
    You could always just pay a guitar tech to even out those frets.
    Yeah I would do that but as I only bought it for my course, it'll only get used for home recordings now, so I can just work my way around that one note without trouble.
    MasmaI
    Finally, a review that says that they like it, yet refrains from giving every category a 9 or 10. And better yet, they tell you the problems they experienced so you actually know some problems.
    Bryan2
    I have one of these and its great. My friends say they love it to. You can easily fix the buzz by adjusting the string height on the bridge. The tone is actually great and versatile. Very good bang for buck.
    EpiExplorer