EWB20SMFE review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EWB20SMFE

Purchased from: SamAsh

The fretless is perfect for my world music. It sounds great unplugged, miked, or plugged. I played this thru a Behringer 300 watt workstation or my Fender Bassman when plugged. Sound is rich and full bodied. I wanted a mellower sound so I switched the strings from the roundwounds that came with it to flatwounds. The changeover makes sliding smoother sounding as well.

Love it. Matches my Ibanez EW classical guitar. It looks like Ibanez does not have this one on their website for 2011. This model is a beautiful and great sounding one. Bravo Ibanez! Get this one while you still can.

I have been playing this for a few weeks now and it is going to be a keeper. The finish seems to be durable.

The guitar was set up perfectly from the factory, but after the new set of strings, I had to adjust the truss rod a bit to take out the fretless buzz towards the head. No flaws that I could find, although there was a piece of wood in the body that I had to remove that was annoying me.

I bought this beautiful Acoustic bass at the end of the 2010 model year. The guitar is a 4-string fretless made in Indonesia. The wood is a spalted maple front, back, and sides and on the head. The fretboard is rosewood with lighter coloured wood fret markers striped thru. The finish is a polished transparent finish with an elegant ivory colored binding. The soundhole and the name on the head are abolone inlaid. The bridge uses plastic pegs on rosewood. The Acoustic pickup is channeled thru a Fishman/ibanez pre amp with builtin tuner that has a built in anti feedback system. The bass tuners appear to be stable. It came with a cable and tools and spare bridge piece.