GATK20 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/08/2011 category: Bass Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Ibanez: GATK20
Ibanez GIO series GATK20. I tend to play Rock music with fast rhythms and this seems to suit the music.
 8.5
 8.8
 8.2
 3,522
review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
GATK20 Reviewed by: Jang0_Fett, on november 08, 2011

Features: Ibanez GIO series GATK20. This is a 22 Medium Fret, Basswood bass in a "Candy Apple" strat like finish with a rosewood neck with Pearl dot inlays. It offers an STD-M humbucking cermaic pickup, a tonality control knob and a volume control knob. Looks Impressive. // 8

Sound: It has an Agressive Bass sound more suited to the more rock genre of music, but plays clear full notes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Bass was chosen in store and against other more pricey Bass guitars performed better. I believe it is well built. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar fares well live and the hardware seems very strong and reliable. The strap buttons are solid and has a nice clean well made finish. I would be surprised if it were to fault any time soon. // 10

Overall Impression: I tend to play Rock music with fast rhythms and this seems to suit the music, I play through a Belcat V15B amplifier before I played through a Laney LX12 Guitar amp (stupid I know). I have been Playing bass since I bought this in august but I dabbled before as I have played guitar for nearly 3 year if it was stolen I would prefer another one of these to something of similar price range as I believe this Bass is extremely good for the price. It feels brilliant to play and I thoroughly enjoy playing it, however I dislike the frets which are a small amount bigger than other basses I have played most recently a 1973 Fender Precision Bass (Older than me!). Although the Bass appears to be fairly light the hardware seems brilliantly built and very strong. For the price I can't really demote this sweet thing and I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a Bass. // 9

Comments