GSR180 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR180

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Savons Music Store

I play in a metal band, but we also play rock it is fantastic for both these genres and delivers what I need of it. It is also very good when it comes to funk when the tone is changed as it delivers that twang when needed. I use Ampeg head with a Harley Benton cabe and a Boss bass synt. The thing I love about this bass is the wide variety of genres it adapts too.

If you play metal, rock, pop, funk or blues this is your bass! If this bass was stolen I'd be straight to the shop to buy a new one. The only thing is the action settings can vary depending on the player. Also I love the trust rod cover as all you have to do is slide it back, ther called quik set covers. I love the neck and finishit is the same neck Ibanez put on there higher priced models so you can't fult it an it's so smooth and free. This bass rocks!

I'vt used it on tour around ireland and it still looks new it's been cleaned twice after 16 gigs and it's still got that just bought look. The hardware on it is solid and looks like it could take a hammering. the strap buttons are secure and in the perfect places. I can vouch that this bass will not let you down it is very dependible, just a little bit of care and a cleaning and this bass will last you.

The guitar when it came straight out of the box was set up perfectly for my liking this varys on players, the action was at just the right level giving me that tump and hieght needed with barley any annoying buzz. All cavitys were tidy and persise with my pickups at perfect level to match action. The frets were perfect and I glided trough metal riffs. the pick ups were punchy but could be melowed if needed, and every part of the bass complimented itself.

Te GSR180 is made in japan along with ibanezs other models. It has a GSR4 neck nicely bolted on to the body, with medium frets the neck is also maple, with a rose wood fretboard. The GSR4 neck has these neck dimensions. - Scale 864mm/34" - Width at Nut 41mm - Width at Last Fret 62mm - Thickness at 1st 21mm - Thickness at 12th 22mm - Radius 305mmR The wood used on the body is nato a fantastic wood with just the right weight. The gsr180 comes in three finishes red, sunburst and black. It has a perfect wieght distrubution and the body feels perfectly natural and is of a purfect thickness, it is the Ibanez gsr body shape. It has a B10 bridge (19mm string spacing) this is the standard on bass's this is made by Ibanez and is solid as a rock. The GSR180 has two standard passive j neck pickups.It comes with two volume controls and one tone control. It comes with Ibanez hard locking tuners.

oneblackened
    This is badly written IMO. These basses are OK, but it's an Ibanez GIO - what do you expect.
    metal-master666
    you have to remember the price of these basses , they are very cheap but for wat you get its very good
    eisaac
    this is awfully written it is difficult to understand so atrocious is the spelling and grammer
    Rainmaker_2504
    There ok i have played my friends and I'm not a fan but they are pretty cheap so good for beginners