GSR180 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR180

Purchased from: Gear4Music

The GSR180 sound amazing for its price and you can get pretty much all of the sound you want just by tweaking the tone control. Slap bass on it sound really nice, you can have it with fat lows or super 'twangy' highs. I have used this bass through so many different amps and it sound great on all (Even a tiny 10watt amp) When I first bought this bass, it was my second bass, a massive upgrade from a Gear4Music bass and I had also been playing a month or two. I now own a number of different basses and even though this is one of the cheapest it still stands strong against my Fender.

I play a wide range of genres of music and this bass is perfect for each. I love the smaller neck and glossy finish to the neck that just glides in your hand. The bass is also really light which really matters when you play a set of songs on stage. I've been playing for 2 years-ish, this was my second bass and even after buying my Fender, Squier and other basses I have used, this bass is amazing and I can understand why this bass is so cheap. Ibanez has made a cracking bass. I would defiantly buy another one of these basses if mine was stolen. Overall a brilliant bass for a super low price compared to the quality.

I have used this bass in numerous live performances, band practises and even a couple of school plays. I have relayed on this bass for tonnes and wont stop for a while. Nothing feels 'crappy' like you get on some wallet friendly basses. I've dropped mine so many times and all its left me was some minor scrapes and dents. The bass has a really thick layer of gloss (or whatever) which is really tuff, so there's no worrying about if the finish will wear of.

This bass brand new out of the box looked amazing, with a lovely glossy necks that felt so natural and a sunburst finish, which looks so much different to the picture(In a good Way)! Everything on the bass was pretty solid and even now after 2 years, still solid. Over the years I have messed around with the action and pickups, but that's part of learning and finding what you feel is the best.

The Ibanez GSR180 is part of Ibanez's affordable range, the GIO series. Ibenez is well known for making quality basses, but I was amazed at the quality of the GSR180. The GSR180 has 22 frets, the basses necks is smaller than a Jazz or a P Bass which mean you can get around on it real fast, also great for beginners. This bass include, two volume knobs and one tone knob. It has two jazz pickups.

AxeHappy
    This Guitar is NOT made in Japan. No Gio is made in Japan. How is that the first sentence at the top of the page. Ridiculous.
    ppnkg
    The one I got from gear4music is made in indonesia. Looks great but straight out of the box the action needs some tweaking. Agree about the noise being a bit of a concern. But overall, a great bass guitar for £149 (was on sale)