GSR190 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR190

You can play from heavy metal to '80s pop with this bass. I play mostly heavy alternative, "funky punk," and other old stuff. I use The Ibanez IBZ10B amp because thats what came with the Bass, I hear its a very unreliable amp so far though it hasn't f--ked up. Very nice muting sound depending on the way you play, and on how hard you press on the string when you mute.

The bass fits my style very well. I have been playing for 2 months and its only barely started to have some problems, to me thats a good thing. I'd get something else, something like a Fender Precision, if that were stolen I'd get a motherf--kin black with white pickguard Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray3 Bass, with maple fretboard and matching headstock.

I wouldn't play it Live but if I had no other choice then yeah I'd play it live. The hardware doesn't seem like it could last, but you never know. I would never use it live without a backup no real good reason but yeah I wouldn't.

It seems like they didn't try but thats pretty good job then if they didn't try. I didn't know that the pickups mattered, but then after reading an article on UG, I figured out that you could fix the pickups so that was good. The volume control had a little problem, partially my fault for turning it too hard though.

The first time I played the bass it had nice tone, very solid sound, it was simply exquisit (don't know how to spell it). It has 21 Frets. It has volume, middle, and treble controls what I didn't like was it didn't have labels. The whole sale price of the bass was $300 because of the accesories, picks, gig bag, amp, straps, and cables.

thunderinblack
    how the hell have you had problems with it iv had mine for 6 months and all thats rong with it is the tone controll i havent had any probles with the pick ups
    hemi-san
    i play mine live once a week and it does great, never needed back up. its awsome but i want a jazz bass
    hemi-san
    amazing what 2 months does. it holds sentimental value to me for being my first bass but other than that its a peice of crap now.
    hemi-san
    mine has 22 as well. the sound was easily treated by boiling my strings, now it sounds new.
    aksak
    Nice pack for its value. The bass is extremely easy to play. Ideal for a beginner like me. Amp is weak but good enough to start. Great look and nice finish! Strap and cable are certainly to be replaced this year but it is a minor further investment to get new ones, and that gear should probably last long enough, at least until I will be playing good enough to buy then a mid-range bass.