GSR190 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: GSR190

I'll be frank, it doesn't blow my mind with the sound. Granted, I'm using it through a 10 watt Drive amp. I think through a better amp, the sound quality would be better. I play mostly everything except death metal, country, and rap, and this bass does a good job. The sound can actually vary based on where you play. I tend to favor between the two pickups. Saying that, playing over the neck gives a nice warm tone and the bridge an edgier one. It doesn't sound GREAT at anything, but it gets the job done. Fingerstyle, pick, and slap, it works. Only thing you can't really do is slide on it.

Like I said before, I play most things, and this does everything fairly well. Been playing for almost a year, and this is my only bass at this point. Looking to get a Jazz Bass 24 or a Warwick. Before I bought this bad boy, I just wish I had more knowledge, because I could've saved a lot of money by buying the package. So if you're interested, get the package deal. If someone stole it, I would be sad, but I wouldn't probably replace it. I do love the thin neck. I dislike the lack of power the knobs have. My favorite part, as said before, is the neck. Better than a Squier I think. Take a look if you're looking for a cheap bass.

I wouldn't play this Live unless I had to simply because it doesn't sound quite up to par. Everything else is good enough for gigging. I would surely use it as a backup. it's good enough for that.Hardware I'm pretty sure is going to last for a while. Problem is that strap keeps falling off, but that might be the strap itself. Still, beware. Finish, even through dings, Still Remains black. Which also is a problem. It dings pretty easily. But if it doesn't get hit a lot, it's fine. A very good point that helps this is that it is very light, so if you are a small person you'll enjoy it.

I got it used, but the set-up from the shop was good. Everything is well put together. Haven't had any problems with the nut, tuning, truss rod, bridge, anything of the sort. Everything fits. The neck is uber thin, you'll either love it or hate it. I happen to love it. The finish on mine is black, and it's fairly stable. The neck happens to ding fairly easily, but that's not Ibanez's problem, it's my clumsyness. Looks pretty good, albeit a bit bland. But for $200, it's great. Also has contour for your elbow. Keeps in tune also.

BassRookie
    I bought this bass to start learning to play bass. It does everything it's expected to do for a beginner like myself. I love it!!!
    Jepaan
    Love this thing. Had some problems with the strings though, hitting the frets, breaking etc., but after they were replaced, it sounds great. Highly recommendable.
    paulypj
    The bass is great! Any problems seem to be the set up, not the actual bass. You can adjust the action, or the tonation problems easily as with most basses. Dont blame the bass! With the 2 pickups with individual volume controls gives a great range of sounds too! Come on guys, be fair, its great, its Ibanez, ideal for most (specially beginners/intermediate, but depends on what you want to hear i guess!) and its got 22 frets!! ;